Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Swampers

michael appel

Its been on Ebay and Craigslist several times I believe. Ive heard about it and seen pics but never actually seen it in person, looks like a cool rig

-Bill

yeah but I'm pretty sure that its the stock tranny! You'd think that the WRX motor would be rough on that! But yeah very cool looking! And I bet it does have plenty of power even with 29's!

Yeah it has the stock tranny in it so he can still have 4wd HI and LO. and he has a stage 3 clutch in it and it works good, it is REAL fast. but the lift he built himself kept breaking so he took the lift off and now it is lowered a little with some stock sized tires, which i dont think he should have done. He should have kept it lifted and worked on it so it didnt break all the time.

Yeah it has the stock tranny in it so he can still have 4wd HI and LO. and he has a stage 3 clutch in it and it works good, it is REAL fast. but the lift he built himself kept breaking so he took the lift off and now it is lowered a little with some stock sized tires, which i dont think he should have done. He should have kept it lifted and worked on it so it didnt break all the time.

I have a solution to his lift problem... :grin:

-Bill

I have plenty of offroad power running 31" Bighorns, and I have an EA81 in my rig, so that black rig has way more than enough power. Id like to see it in person actually, just so I can ask how he hasnt gotten a ticket for not having flares or mud flaps yet. Staters got me for everything they could :mad:

-Bill

Man My brat with fuel injection and 26" tires is so under powered it isn't funny!

Well mine aint no NASCAR on the highway, but it gets around off road just fine, pretty good in the mud too :banana:

-Bill

Yeah thats what I'm talkin about is off road! It goes ok but only if you keep the revs high. But if you are climbing a steep rocky incline and it just runs out of power! I wanna do the EJ swap but don't have all the parts and I'm scared of all the wires!:lol:

Yeah thats what I'm talkin about is off road! It goes ok but only if you keep the revs high. But if you are climbing a steep rocky incline and it just runs out of power! I wanna do the EJ swap but don't have all the parts and I'm scared of all the wires!:lol:

Carbed EJ swap? Thats my preference... I hate sensors and wires. Although FI is better for hills and stuff, it just has so many variables to me, if one sensor is bad the whole car runs crappy, but with a carb you can have a seriously screwed up something or other and it will still run for ya

-Bill

Carbed EJ swap? Thats my preference... I hate sensors and wires. Although FI is better for hills and stuff, it just has so many variables to me, if one sensor is bad the whole car runs crappy, but with a carb you can have a seriously screwed up something or other and it will still run for ya

-Bill

Yeah I have thought of it but I do way too much offroading where my car gets tipped up on its side or other and all the carbed subys I've used have started to stall out. And the OBDII system works excellent! So that would be my preference. And with a carbed EJ I'd have to search for a distributor to work etc. But I probably won't even do it until I get another car. I want to get one with little or no rust, we don't have those out here! If I find a good shell than I will go all out on it!:grin:

Man My brat with fuel injection and 26" tires is so under powered it isn't funny!

It's funny how these things vary so much.

My '84 with the stock hitachi carb and 27" M/T's boogies on and off-road. Can't wait to see what this Weber i have will do.:)

Here is one of my buddies subies, it is sitting on 29in tsl super swampers, i am not exactally sure how wide they are but it is about 6 inces of lift, he built his lift himself. he also has a 2007 wrx motor under the hood

subeiM2.jpg

subieM.jpg

I really like this Subaru. Tell your buddy to contact me if he ever sells it. I know one of the problems the last owner told me about was that it needed limited slip in front and rear to put down all of that power and he hadn't got around to doing that. He said he just drove it around in 4 Hi even on the freeway.

those have to be 30s and above the tires are 10 inches wide plus they look just like the 31s on my buddies brat

well since it says they are 29's, i'm pretty sure they are 29's. rob has 29" tsl/sx tires and they look wider and just as big as my 31's because of all the tread down the sidewall.

ya i agree i have 29x8.50 tsl/sx and they look huge i thinks it is just the tall tread tho :)

they don't make a 29x8.5 tsl/sx, only tsl's. the tsl/sx tires come in a 29x10.5. tsl/sx's are a heavy duty tire with belted bias ply construction and sidewall tread vs tsl's which only have bias ply construction.

Edited by Rooinater