Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1980 Hitachi Carb Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

Hey All,

I normally post in the historic forum, but I'm guessing the knowledge for this question is over here. I have an NOS Hitachi Carb (DCP306-3) that was standard equipment on the 1980 wagon with automatic transmission. I want to stick it on my '79 brat, because its current Hitachi carb seems to be in bad shape. In comparing the two carbs tonight, there's a couple of nipples that are in different locations, and I'm just trying to figure out what they connect to. So anybody out there with this carb or similar, can you take a look at the pictures and run out to your car to let me know where these lines hook up? I am hoping that they both hook up to the big triangular thing on the front of the manifold. But I gotta know for sure.

The first nipple (first picture) is directly above the idle screw. What's it connect to?

The second nipple is in the rear of the carb (second pic). It is righ next to those three servo diaphrams and seems to be the only other line connection back there. Does anyone know where this one goes?

Any help, diagrams, pics, copies of manual pages, whatever would be greatly appreciated. Thank much, Crabman
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

Here's a picture from my 1980 FSM. I hope it helps

#3 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

Wow, thanks GLCraigGT, I couldn't ask for better info.

Best,
Crabman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users