Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New project: 06 impreza rear subframe into a 95 legacy!

The rear sub frame on my 95 legacy wagon is really ugly, rusted beyond repair with two large holes. I picked up a rear sub frame with lat links and all hardware from a 06 imp wagon for real cheap. the 06 subframe has zero miles car had water damage in transit from fuji, and was parted out after arival here in canada.

So the big quetion is will it fit? The person who sold me the part said it would, he is a local suby reb/guru ( mainly WRX/STIrally stuff) I haven't had a chance to get under the car and take any measuements but visually it looks really close. The forward lat links are a u-channel, not a rod, and the muffler hanger is facing in the totally wrong direction( not a big deal).

I'm thinking the lat links may not be the right length due to the track width difference of the two cars

I'll get under the car and take some measurements tommorow and update this post, i guess i'll find out soon just how lego these subys really are.

Any info or comments are welcome.

took some measurements this morning the lat links are the same length, and the bolt/bushing hole spacing (the 4 mains that hold the subframe to the body are the same spacing. Looks like it will fit like a glove.

I won't get around to swapping it in for 2-3 weeks (wedding,work,travel) but I'll update when i start the ball rolling.

Any tips on subframe removal, i got the service manual and it seems pretty straight forward. Seems easier then the heater core i did on the car 2 weeks ago (6 hours out / 4 hours back together)

The only thing i wonder is if i'll have to drop the hole drive shaft out? or can i seperate it at the flange closest to the rear diff?