Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll Call for Offroad Rigs 2008

Scott in Bellingham

my lift is home made - the guy that original did everything is on this forum - but the rig has had a lot of changes - but now it has some electrical issues - I fixed a few (major ones) - but it also has some suspension issues 2 - the driver side is up higher than the passenger side - not sure the problem - but haven't really looked @ it either - but I am pretty sure - I have the ONLY lifted Subie in Delaware - so not 2 many people I can talk 2 - but this weekend (1/17) - heading to NJ to go on a off road adventure - so I can talk to some other Subie Nuts - I also own a '06 WRX but I don't take that off road - its a little 2 low (2.5" drop) - but now I have my Loyale 4 off roading fun

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94182

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94342

so , i found a pic of my offroad rig for 2008......seeing as how the brat was down for most of the year.here i am at WCSS9 after going mudding.

and i rode it locally here that year.as offroad as i could get.:grin:cheers, brian

motorizedoffroadskatingatwcss9.jpg

me making an "owie" face.......

i do man......i have been looking for another motor,and some old snowboard bindings.you ever get an axle?pm me..cheers, brian

Dude, I have a Motor Scooter in my yard. Ran fine but I popped the rear tire and couldnt get a new one. We could strip it and use it if you want. :)

-Jaren

S5030073.jpg

S5030058.jpg

Me havin some fun in the wagon.... but alas... now it's gone. BUT with any luck i'll get a new one int he next few weeks.... it's just a stock 81 wagon, but it kicks :banana:SS

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/nicolelerner/?action=view&current=S5030071.flv

if this video isnt loading, will someone please tell me how to load a vdeo on this board????? Thanks

Edited by RdNkBrt

Well im back after quite the absence...I could not log on for the longest time so i just gave up and then one day sent like 10 request to the admins to fix my account, so they did and im here again.

This is the evolution of my car, it was nice when i got it, but i believe it was offroaded before i got it and also overheated so it doesnt run right, well at least i think haha.

Stock when i got it...

l_35b7e75d14759d4e599b88428ecb0af7.jpg

Some super rusty pugs that never held air right....

l_48841b9ca8267a46fb2359a5730bfe64.jpg

some drilled chevy wheels with different sized tires, was RWD at the time...

l_2ca91ca8409ea61939a4d4484eaa38bf.jpg

How she sits today. All ive done is horribly wire the lights in and got a set of brand new falken snow tires for free! But she runs good for the most part. Maybe one day i will actually let it leave the city limits :lol:...

l_a6b5bfa47a0b1e56e5d68d4b29a12094.jpg

Well im back after quite the absence...I could not log on for the longest time so i just gave up and then one day sent like 10 request to the admins to fix my account, so they did and im here again.

This is the evolution of my car, it was nice when i got it, but i believe it was offroaded before i got it and also overheated so it doesnt run right, well at least i think haha.

Stock when i got it...

Some super rusty pugs that never held air right....

l_48841b9ca8267a46fb2359a5730bfe64.jpg

some drilled chevy wheels with different sized tires, was RWD at the time...

l_2ca91ca8409ea61939a4d4484eaa38bf.jpg

How she sits today. All ive done is horribly wire the lights in and got a set of brand new falken snow tires for free! But she runs good for the most part. Maybe one day i will actually let it leave the city limits :lol:...

l_a6b5bfa47a0b1e56e5d68d4b29a12094.jpg

I stopped by your place to try and buy your rig a while back, I ended up talking to your dad for about an hour!!

PS you need to lift it!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin::grin:

Jeff

Finally got set up to post pics, so here's mine.

'81 GL Wagon

4" Homemade lift

EA82 control arms ,outer tie rods and axles

Extended inner tie rods and strut rods

'87 5 speed D/R

Welded rear diff

14" pugs w/ 27" SSR Swampers

Weber w/ snorkle

Fog lights in grill

Tube bumpers w/front skidplate

VW Baja coilovers in rear

Reworked wheel wells for clearance w/ a factory apearance

and many other little mods and upgrades

46885a2e-1.jpg

12cfde97-1.jpg

1e14d51e-1.jpg

4fc5b146-1.jpg

I stopped by your place to try and buy your rig a while back, I ended up talking to your dad for about an hour!!

PS you need to lift it!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin::grin:

Jeff

Yeah i have your number somewhere on this messy desk of mine, i guess i just need to get out and about more and talk to you guys. i have never trusted my car to leave the city limits but its probably a good time to start:lol:.

Finally got set up to post pics, so here's mine.

'81 GL Wagon

4" Homemade lift

EA82 control arms ,outer tie rods and axles

Extended inner tie rods and strut rods

'87 5 speed D/R

Welded rear diff

14" pugs w/ 27" SSR Swampers

Weber w/ snorkle

Fog lights in grill

Tube bumpers w/front skidplate

VW Baja coilovers in rear

Reworked wheel wells for clearance w/ a factory apearance

and many other little mods and upgrades

46885a2e-1.jpg

12cfde97-1.jpg

1e14d51e-1.jpg

4fc5b146-1.jpg

Has this wagon been around for a while, I was up at EC about 3 years ago with some of the members of the board and a wagon that looked just like that came up and met us right up by the pic area looking at Rainer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I was just wondering.

Jeff

Yeah i have your number somewhere on this messy desk of mine, i guess i just need to get out and about more and talk to you guys. i have never trusted my car to leave the city limits but its probably a good time to start:lol:.

Well get out and about now, the Subies are rockin right now, there are a ton of us from will who lives by you and all over down here in the flood plain. Just a 2" lift will do for ya that's all the more I got on my wagon.

Jeff

Jeff, I've owned this car for about 7 years and I lifted it about 5 years ago. My brother Brian used to live near Qman and we bought a used lift that came off his hatch, then built another one so we could both lift our '81 wagons. And yes that was probably me at EC, my car would have looked something like this. Jesse

194c9a6e-1.jpg

Jeff, I've owned this car for about 7 years and I lifted it about 5 years ago. My brother Brian used to live near Qman and we bought a used lift that came off his hatch, then built another one so we could both lift our '81 wagons. And yes that was probably me at EC, my car would have looked something like this. Jesse

194c9a6e-1.jpg

I remember that rig pretty sure that was you guys then

I was driving my "fern Brat" that day maybe that'll help you remember me

1936Picture_2_007.jpg?t=1232910209

Maybe that will help spark your memory:)

Jeff

• Like 1

Stock when i got it...

my car's twin, almost finished now...

DSC_0574.jpg

That paint job is ridiculously awesome... Wish I had the skillz to do something like that...

Just find some LSD and you'll be surprised what you come up with :lol:

I bought it like that, so I can't take credit for it.

Jeff

• 1 month later...