Ultimate Subaru Message Board

formula one

I drove my 81 brat to work this morn. I was living the dream.

It's now starting to get cold in Oregon. This morning when fit myself into that small suby cockpit, i had to work the throttle and bring it all to life. There is no choke in my car, there is no a lot of things in my car; but it does have a loud exhaust, a roll bar and me who wants to throw it on the freeway and squeeze that motor, draft anything within reach to stay ahead of everyone else. i have a lot of cars at home and i am a slow driver , but not in the brat. I race traffic, push the car and feel so accomplished when i pass that slower porsche or vette or what everelse i can find on the road. There is no carpet in my car, the tranny wines like its going to come apart and going 70 mph seems just like all those scenes from the movie Grand Prix and rushing down the mulsanne straight. I passed a bunch of cars and pushed hard all the way to work. when i pulled into the lot i had my first win for the day.

i can't wait to drive home.