Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front "side marker lights"/ tail lights won't turn off

Hey all

The front marker lights and tail lights on my 93 Loyale won't turn off with the switch or when the car is turned off:cornfuzz: Have any of you had to deal with this issue? Is there a relay between the switch and the lights? I looked at the Haynes manual, but

as usual the information was lacking...Any thoughts or comments

would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Oh my heavens, thats too easy! I just sent the wife out with the Loyale, as it is superior (with studs) to her Yukon driving on the icy/slushy roads of our subdivision....She even showed me that she could take off the negative battery cable when she got to where she was going...:lol: As soon as she gets back I'll check that switch, I bet thats what it is! Gotta get off night shift it's making me dim:dead:

Thanks much!

Chris

Well folks

Yes indeed, it was the (suspected) switch, again too easy!

A cool side note: I told the wife that I found the answer to

the problem by posting on USMB, and she said "maybe that

isn't such a bad site after all"...Seems I spend a little too much

time here :brow:

Thanks again!

Chris

• 6 months later...

hello guys

has anyone seen tail lights that will flash even when the hazard lights are switched off?? And at a different frequency than the hazards ? I think my Outback is trying to tell me something!!

any help will be greatly appreciated!

hello guys

has anyone seen tail lights that will flash even when the hazard lights are switched off?? And at a different frequency than the hazards ? I think my Outback is trying to tell me something!!

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Try the new gen forum for that.....

Speaking of that switch for the P lights....we had a customer come into NAPA just for the reason of "why wont my lights go off?" I walked out, seen the switch, and said "SUBARU has this nifty switch right here....*off*....see? Sometimes you might bump it accidentally....etc..." "Wow, didnt know that....strange, but neat. Thanks...."

• 3 months later...

awesome! I had this same issue last night after putting tha battery into my 87 wagon... I remember messing with that switch some days back too, when I was checking out the interior (as it's very foreign to me :) )

will check the switch tonight.

• 4 years later...

LMAO! i know when i very first got my xt i did the usual and played with every switch and gadget in the car and since the paint had faded on the parking light and hazard light switches i just remember switching them on and off a million times going "what the hell are these?!" and later going "that car is broke the lights wont turn off!!!":lol:

awesome! I had this same issue last night after putting tha battery into my 87 wagon... I remember messing with that switch some days back too, when I was checking out the interior (as it's very foreign to me :) )

will check the switch tonight.

Dude you bought another car.

Not All Loyales got that Switch, isn`t it? ...

My 1985 Models Doesn`t have it, Back to the Steering there`s Just a Top Mounted Push / Pull Button marked with a Triangle, to Switch On / Off the Parking Blinker Lights...

The Only "Weird" Switch I`ve Found, is that the Main HeadLamps` Switch has another -Hidden- Position, more Left than Off... if you Press the Switch and then Turn it Left, it will Turn On the Side Markers / Tail Lights \ License Plate`s Lights Without turning On the Dashboards` Lights.

But my Loyales got the Main HeadLamps` Switch mounted on the Dash, not on the Steerin` Column.

Kind Regards.