Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rumors of Huge Soobie meet..

Speaking to a WRX owner at Adrenaline Motor sports yesterday, we got to talking about SCCA and other soobie stuff. He mentioned that there is supposed to be the biggest subaru meet in the world in July somewhere in Illinois. I don't know how big is big to this guy, but if it is true- wow. I would definitely be in! He's supposed to E-mail me with info, so we'll see. Anyone else out there heard of this?

Kurt

Hmmm,

I have also heard a rumor or two. Word has it that there will be a WCSS6. It is in the planning stages and no mention of site or exact date has been set yet. This will be interesting though. 2 shows in the same time frame, scary.

• 2 weeks later...

They are just that... rumors.

I called about 10 Subaru dealerships around the state of IL. Nobody has heard anything. The new Legacy is being debued this year and there will be some touring local dealiership events but no big event.

The only thing on the Subaru online calander for the midwest is the big auto show. This isnt just a Subaru event tho this is for all automakers.

I called Subaru also and spoke with someone there. They too said the only events they show in IL was the auto show.

I think if there is going to be any significant Subaru event in the midwest this year WE NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morgan, then take a week or so and come out to WCSS6. It will be bigger and better than all before it. Should be some notible members in attendance. Details are getting closer to being solidified and then we will announce the date and location.