Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IPD has plans to sell Subaru parts

Guest lothar34

A sticky for this would be so cool... :)

IPD (website) has been selling Volvo and suspension parts for 40 years. They have very knowledgable staff, a great catalog, and loads of useful information. I and others in my family have dealt with them on numerous occasions and have had nothing but good things to say about them.

I just got their latest newsletter, and they have plans to start selling Subaru parts. For Volvo, they sell genuine parts, aftermarket parts, and some custom-made parts (exhaust, cams, etc.) I'd imagine they'd do the same for Subaru. They're looking for feedback from the Subaru community though.

Here's the blurb from the flyer:

"We're branching out!

As a Volvo owner and current customer of ipd you know that we offer repair and maintenance parts, accessories, and performance upgrades, and that we back it up with our product support team.

In the future, we plan on providing the same level of products and services to Subaru owners as well. So, if you also happen to own a Subaru, call and let us know. If you have a friend or family member who owns a Subaru, have them give us a call. We'll put you on our mailing list and you'll receive the latest information on what we will be carrying in the way of Subaru parts. You can reach us at 1-800-444-6473 or you can email chris@ipdusa.com.

We'll need your name, address, and the year and model of your Subaru!"

I think it'd be great for all who are interested to email that guy -- chris@ipdusa.com -- and pass along your info. They carry lots of rare parts and special tools for Volvos, and they'll probably do the same for Subarus. Check out their website and take a look at some of the stuff they carry. Lots of experience there with turbos too.

Guest Legacy777

Shawn brought up the point on a similar issue.

This is a public board and due to that fact, we can't really be promoting one particular vendor over other vendors.

I welcome people to check out their site and such for parts and service, however I can't sticky it.

Guest lothar34

OK. I read that before. I didn't mean to sticky it as promoting them (though now that I reread it, it sure looks like it), but more that they need feedback before they start selling Subaru parts.

But you're the boss...

Guest Scott109

I've dealt with IPD before (previously owned 2 240s) and they are excellent. I will e-mail Chris and tell them to go for it! They have mostly replacement parts and "common sense" items for the Volvos - no clear taillights and 4 foot wings, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the info, lothar34!!

Scott

Guest Strakes

I've owned Volvos (240 Turbo and 850 GLT) and have nothing but the hightest praise for this company. They have excellent support and products. This would be a great thing for us Subaru fans to have a good quality company like this to help us maintain, upgrade and mod our Subarus.

• 1 month later...
Guest Scott109

Got the latest newsletter from IPD today. They have some Suby parts in there (rotors, pads, struts, filters, upgrade kits for the WRX) and their first all Suby newsletter will be here this summer and the full parts catalog in the fall!!

Everyone with a 90 or newer car should check them out.

Scott

Guest lesbaru

Thanks, Scott. Maybe I'll find something special for "your" 96 Legacy! (hee hee! :D )

PS: congrats on the new Suby!

Kaja

• 1 month later...