Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

keyless entry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 later, Peter

later, Peter

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Pacific North West

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

A 2002 Impreza with out keyless entry? It appears to be true. Can this be added after market with out too much trouble or cost?
thanks (AGAIN)
later,
Peter
"search" has proved spooky... lots of wiring vs. plug & play. will work the doors vs. won't work the doors (seperate modules for door locks?)...
HELP!

Edited by later, Peter, 10 December 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#2 forester2002s

forester2002s

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

Do you know for sure that it does not have keyless entry?

Or is it just missing the remotes?

#3 nickb21

nickb21

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

I'm surprised too, looks like it was only standard on the '02 WRX's.

http://www.cars101.c...mpreza2002.html

1stsubaruparts.com lists the keyless entry kit for $60. Says it's "everything" you need, decent price if they include the 2 remotes AND the keyless module...

#4 later, Peter

later, Peter

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Pacific North West

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

I was truly surprised as well... but checked the VIN with a local dealer... Maybe I'll try another dealer see if the answer's the same.
Easy enough to buy the fobs & program them but to wire in the entire dealy (if not plug & play)... not worth it. My wife will have to accept that one.
later,
Peter

#5 four-fleet-feet

four-fleet-feet

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

All you need to do is take off the driver's door panel, get under the dash, futz about with your wiring harnesses, and contort yourself a bit. It can be done. I USED to have the installation manual, or I'd offer you a copy to see how it's done before you give up on the idea. It went into the Black Hole of 'can I borrow that' and didn't find its way home. :mad:

What you need to be certain of is that the kits actually contain the wiring harness splices, the door actuator, at least 2 fobs, as well as the module AND the instructions. I've seen kits which are missing either the splices or the door actuator so they can soak you for more $$ in the long run. Although I did find a door actuator at a JY, I've never found usable splices and fuse harnesses I could actually use. So I have a module, fobs, and a door actuator, but buying the missing parts will cost more than all the others cost me to begin with. So I'm still using a key.

Just FYI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users