Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a 99 EJ25 could be identical to the 2000 EJ25 depending what car it comes out of, so the answer to your question is "yes".

spend some time searching, this has been talked about before. there are a few hang ups including bellhousing changes and motor differences that require swapping cam sprockets...etc. there is much less experience on this than the older stuff, so best to search what info is already out there, and there are differences (like what can be done before can't be done now, but things that couldn't be done before can be done now...etc).

Hello all, I have done several inter 95 to 98 2.5 to 2.2 OBW swaps with no issues. Here is the question. Will a 95 to 99 2.2 or 2.5 swap into a 2000 OBW. Let me know.

Not easily. There are many differences with the phase 1 vs phase 2 in the sensors and wiring. You can't just swap the engine harnesses over either. So it could be done, but you'd be cutting and splicing wires, the IAC would be a major problem, it's not the same at all.

Oh and the last 2000 I worked on used the older style cam and crank sprockets still. The bellhousing bolts are a non-issue, just leave the 4 extra ones out.