Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goat Snow

TeamCF

So I hadn't heard form anyone.

And then thinking of what the weather was like and the crappy roads I figured it best if everyone just wheeled in thier own neck of the woods.

So I headed out to Goat to see what the snow was like. See how far I could make it but not push it too hard.

It was enough to stop all the truggies and frickin' monster trucks I saw up there from getting to the top.

But not the Soob! :grin:

I went up to the top once when I got there and had to break trail. (there were some tracks but they were covered over by almost a foot in some places, so proly from yesterday)

Then I played around lower for awhile.

Decided to go back up one more time as I had seen a ton of crawlers and such (it was packed up there today) heading up that way and figured I'd show up to make them go "WTF?!"

To my suprise there was alot of tracks that followed mine up. But all showed signs of stuck and recovery and turning around just after the gate.

So I was the only one that made it up there today. :banana:

And I even threw my 13's back on so I could use the chains if needed. (I did have them on for piece of mind, it was icy in spots and seeing lots of rigs lose it made them the right choice)

Later after dark I ended up running across Mike and crew. And we watched idiots come sliding, spinning, careening, ditching, ect. on an icy corner from the safety of a side road.

A few pics from the top. The snow was not so deep up top due to it being so dry and windy. (Goat's about 4,200 ft give or take)

Goatfirsttime1.jpg

Goatsecondtime1.jpg

Goatsecondtime2.jpg

* Scoobyclimbs: I got your message. The roads around here sucked. Proly best to not be driving all over today. The trip to Goat was crazier than the trip up it.

Next sunday is an R/C crawler board trip up Lolo. Not much wheeling though gonna be just to go run scalers in the snow.

Edited by TeamCF

Good to see the Subaru's are the heros of the weekend!! Did the chains help alot? I've never used them before.

Jeff

Pretty sure the last bit to the top would have been a no go without them.

There was some clawing. It got steep and proly over a foot deep on the trail.

But my main reason was for the icy spots and such. And so the welded diff would not have so much opinion on my direction changes. :lol:

and coming down the road from was way nasty by the time I headed out. Real glad I had them then.

Right on! Master of the mtn...Subaru does it again!

Doh!...I didn't even get out....

I spent a few hours putting insulating plastic over the windows (alot warmer in da house now..:banana:).

I would have been ready to go....No one called me including Michael...

Yea It looked like alot of idiots out there...:lol:

I'm hoping to get another truck in the shop , so I can do a headgasket...on a cummins..I have two trannys to do.. so I hope to stay in the warm shop this week...{{{BURRR}}} The teens are not fun to wrench in.

My wife took my subaru so she can go shopping with her sister because it was so bad then my father in law took his cruiser by the time I had my other friends ready it was gtting real late so I didnt call anyone but my next trip will be planned and executed Thank youy jason for helping again

see you later

Awesome pictures! looks like you was the first and only one on top. looks like it was a blast getting up there.

i had some work friends going up. both of my soobies we're broke down until yesterday, did timing belts in the grey soobie.

Edited by chazmataz