Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Tail / side marker lights help!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WickedV6

WickedV6

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • ELBURN, IL

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have signal and brake lights however no tail lights or front side marker lights. I checked the fuse labled "tail" in the kick panel on the drivers side. It looks good. Am I missing something? Am I looking at the right fuse? This is a 1995 Legacy.

T.I.A

Prasad

#2 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Check all fuses! Not just one. I had this happen to me when I installed an aftermarket radio. It shorted and blew the fuse and it ran the tailights as well.

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

This happened to me, the virgin switch was in the middle. Move the parking light switch back and forth first and see if that fixes it.

nipper

#4 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

This happened to me, the virgin switch was in the middle. Move the parking light switch back and forth first and see if that fixes it.

nipper

ahhh, yes I forgot about that! +1

#5 WickedV6

WickedV6

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • ELBURN, IL

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

nipper

I did try that as well, no luck. I will check all the other fuses.

Thanks guys
Prasad

#6 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

DO the parking lights come on with the virgin switch? If it doesnt check the fuses. If it does its the relay.

nipper

#7 WickedV6

WickedV6

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • ELBURN, IL

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

DO the parking lights come on with the virgin switch? If it doesnt check the fuses. If it does its the relay.

nipper

No, the parking lights do not come on with the virgin switch. I will go through every single fuse.
Thanks
Prasad

#8 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Yup its a fuse. The switch bipasses the relay.

nipper

#9 WickedV6

WickedV6

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • ELBURN, IL

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

As always you guys were right on the money. I double checked the fuses. This time I checked with a multimeter. The fuse for the parking lights looked perfectly fine but when I checked for continuity, it showed it was open. It had a hair line break in it. Repalced the fuse and we are all good.

Thanks again guys

Prasad

#10 lighthousekeeper

lighthousekeeper

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

I am having the same problem with my 1996 outback except i have checked every fuse with a multimeter for continuity and they are all fine. I even went so far as to check every fuse besides the air bag for continuity and they are all fine! I cannot get my dash or parking/tail lights to work only the brakes. The strange thing is that the lights will all flash on like they are supposed to when i click my remote starter/alarm. Im afraid i might need a new switch. Also what is the virgin switch you spoke of?

Thanks

#11 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

The switch on top of the steering column for the parking lights.

nipper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users