Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a good place to buy parts in Canada

Guest giboufou

Hi,

What are the best places to buy car parts either in Canada or online? I live in Ottawa-Montreal region...

Looking for crank pulley (harmonic balancer and for light assy)

G

Guest Commuter

Hi... I'm in the Toronto area myself.

I don't know of any online Cdn site. It can be worthwhile to order from the States just depending on how you deal with the cross border stuff.

I know that there is a dealer out your way by the name of LaChute Subaru. A lot of the WRX guys in TO deal with them for more out of the way type stuff.

I'm trying to recall what car you have. I have the crank pulley off my car if you are interested (97 OB). Virtually every Subaru thru the 90's used the same pulley. I have a lightened one on right now. Let me know.

Commuter

Actually, I lied. There is PDM racing out in BC that carries some Subaru stuff. I think you'd be able to find stuff closer to home though if you tried.

Guest Frag

I recently ordered parts from 1stsubaruparts. com and got them a lot cheaper than I would have in Canada even adding shipping, custom fees, taxes and dollar conversion. It took only one week to get here.

One thing though, since custom fees do not vary with the cost of the shipment, you save some money by ordering as many parts as you can at the same time.

Have a good Canada day ! *

* Not bad for a sovereignist... :D