Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Meet my 88'

Hello, im kinda new here, and in my first post i said i would post pic's of my subie! she's an 88' GL wagon 4x4 SPFI, I've thrown a few ideas on the drawing board, i want to paint her a flat army tough lookin paint job, get light bars and lights up the arse, skid plates as well, and possibly 14'' pug's and a 2'' lift, my only hurdle is it's a 3AT tranny, i dont have the down time to do a 5 speed d/r swap (my daily driver). Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated to make this a project/daily driver=)

First, congrats on you and your wagon, I have a soft spot for 88 wagons, mine was a great rig but it was just sitting and needed a loving home so I passed it on. I mean... 5 running cars.. one had to go. (went free to a local 16 yr old who's treating her kindly as he learns to keep her purring)

Hope this isn't too far off base but:

Possibly consider your 88 as a daily driver and keep diging till you find another cheap rig more in line with what you want to do and mod that one as it sits along side the house.

Once you have cheap transportation to and from work, then pump up something that your not depending on and it will take alot of time pressure off you.... this may delay some of your mods as you look for another rig and save some cash but you will have a way to and from work and the other car can happen as funds happen. You should be able to find a cheap non runner as a starter project, it's just a thought.

my .02cents worth.

Oh... any ideas?... I put a roof rack on my 88, for the spare tire and gear, I did install my overhead lights to far forward and it flooded the window with light.. (hard to see out) so possibly needed light shroud or move them back or better, front brush guard mounted lights.

also, "The beast I drive", shot his wagon with a shotgun.... it added that special touch to his left front...

Edited by Indrid cold

Welcome. I have a mad max/army lookin paint job on my wagon. 4" lift front and rear, rancho rear shocks,it has a roof rack,with a tire mounted on top , high lift jack mounted on top ax mounted on top , rack net,light mounts,Jerry gas can mounted to rear bumper ,front skid plate,off road lights on the push bar and on the roof rack, warn 9000 lb hitch mounted winch, front and rear winch mounts,overhead backup lights, diamond plate rocker panels, 30" super swampers,custom rear and front bumpers,and monster teeth stainless steel front grill . It gets a lot of looks and is my daily driver ! let me know if ya want pictures:headbang:

Edited by thermalsurfing1

Welcome. I have a mad max/army lookin paint job on my wagon. 4" lift front and rear, rancho rear shocks,it has a roof rack,with a tire mounted on top , high lift jack mounted on top ax mounted on top , rack net,light mounts,Jerry gas can mounted to rear bumper ,front skid plate,off road lights on the push bar and on the roof rack, warn 9000 lb hitch mounted winch, front and rear winch mounts,overhead backup lights, diamond plate rocker panels, 30" super swampers,custom rear and front bumpers,and monster teeth stainless steel front grill . It gets a lot of looks and is my daily driver ! let me know if ya want pictures:headbang:

uhh im thinking we all want to see pictures.

Im so jealous, that sounds exactly how i want my rig to look, ive always wanted a jerry can, every single detail you listed i have thought about! argh want to trade?=P