Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got to be the biggest dumb a** in the world

Sold Izzy. Damn, I didnt want to do it. But money talks and BS walks, if you know what I mean. And this year, money talks loud. A friend of a co-worker wrecked his Impreza, and needed a car. He dangled $3000 in my face and I took it. Hey, I made some good money (I had less than $1400 in the car) but now Im without a Subaru again. That wasnt my plan. LOL. I have a line on a 2001 Outback... its a high-miler, but supposedly a Southern car with no rusty issues. And its loaded- leather, heated seats, etc.. puked a timing belt and got traded at a local dealership. I can buy it REALLY cheap. Another automatic, like my last Outback, and I'd prefer another stick, but its available. Im thinking a used engine swap and Im back into winter car mode. I'd rather it was a Imp with a stick, but then, Im the idiot that just SOLD that one! Hey, Im trading up a few years in the process....

You are not stupid for more than doubling your money. I would like to double my money on any car that I have ever owned. Your heart ache is that you really liked Izzy. I can understand that. Moving on to the Outback that you have heard about may be a good way to go.

Now is a good time to buy a new or used car at a reduced price. Dealerships and private owners aren't selling much these days with the economy in the dumpster. Also, want to be buyers are short of money because of holiday spending.

Let us know what Subie you finally purchase. Think of it as a nice Christmas present to yourself.