Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81 hatch windshield ??'s

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

is the windshield in my 89' ea81 hatch glued in or does it just take one of them "popin" seals?

is it a pain in the arse to change? or should i just call someplace and get a new one ripped in me for $200??

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,476 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:31 AM

ask tomrhere, he managed to get the windshield out of the brat. you have to cut the seal with a knife, tom worked his out with some special painters tool, one curved in a way for scraping rollers and such

#3 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:40 AM

ack, just called a place to see what it cost.. $184 + tax.. so basically the same as my RX..

guess i need to find a seal and a good windshield and do it myself..

#4 LostWater

LostWater

Looking for 80-87 Hatch

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Hyattsville, MD

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:19 PM

Tony,

I will sell you one I have out for $60.

It is in good shape with no clouding or anything.

And.... we are close enough to either meet you there next weekend, or you come get.

Mark

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:22 PM

The gaskets are availible from JC whitney for $55 (last time I looked).

Or find a JY car with a cracked or broken windshield, and smash it the rest of the way out - snag the good gasket......

GD

#6 junkyardgabe

junkyardgabe

WRX Goal Accomplished!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Lisbon Falls

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

jc whitney is your best bet and a jy windsheild because if the windsheild has never been replaced you'll never get the gasket out in one piece or try glass place around you there a chance one of them may still have one in stock they usually run about $65-75 if that helps:)

#7 LostWater

LostWater

Looking for 80-87 Hatch

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Hyattsville, MD

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:13 AM

My post wasn't explicit enough, I guess.

I could save you the worry about getting a junkyard windshield out without breaking it as I already have one out.

Again, $60 and its yours. We likely will be in the Harrisonburg area over the weekend, you can come across the mountain on RT 33 and meet us there.

Later,

Mark

#8 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:31 AM

hey mark that sounds good to me.. the junkyard by my house has one, but its still in the car and i don't know what condition its in.. they would pull it out tho..

but i'd rather buy from a friend than some crusty junkyard, lol..

this saturday i'm going to skips place.. but i'll be here on sunday if your going to be in harrisonburg this weekend.. i can come over there no prob.. you'll get to meet "Junky" for the first time..
if its next weekend i'll be around for sure either day..

i'm not worried about breakin my old one cause its already broken.. just gotta get a seal..

details, details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users