Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bone stock 88 gl, suggestions?

subsnoddy

hi im looking into buying an 88 gl, no mods whatsoever, with around 250k on it. i really would like to get into the off road scene, but i am a college student and this would also be functioning as my daily driver. i dont want to do anything too serious in terms of off roading, but i do want to have some fun. suggestions on upgrades?

i was looking for the same thing, i ended up going with a SJR 2inch suspension lift, 15inch alloy peugeot wheels, and some 215/75/15 wild cat tires.

so far i can get everywhere i want to go, now its not a hard core wheeler, but it is alot of fun to go on logging roads, get to hunting/camping sites, and tredge around in 1ft deep snow with no problems.

sick. is that a custom bumper?

ya i made it myself, im not done yet, i will eventyally cap the ends of the square tube for more strength, as well as run more round tubing around the corner of the turn signals and such for more protection as well as being able to know where the corners are on the trails.

I daily drove both my 4" lifted EA82s. both had ~28" tall tires on them. only complaint is the power (plenty to get in trouble off-road, but frustrating on the street). EA82s are slow in stock form, then throw some big, meaty tires on there, and you've got nothing.

very very true, i can't wait to swap in a carbed 2.2