Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Horn isn't working and the headlight day runners...

Hello! Today was driving off and going about honking the horn to say fairwell. Then I noticed. My damn horn doesn't work! Checked all the fuses there all good. Can't really hear a click? I am thinking a bad relay. So where would I find this rellay? I read a few threads some said near the firewall (that doesn't help many relays are near the firewall hehe), another individual said something about a fuse box that needs to be removed then it is behind there? A red relay supposedly?

Now my day runner issue, I doubt it is related to my horn issue but you never know i guess? Anyway, before when I would put the car in D or R w/e with the lights in the off position they would turn on the headlights, now nothing, did not really realised the issue till my dad pointed it out. Now if I turn on my headlights normally on low beam they work, as well as high beams work. All lights seem to work just fine, just wondering what is up with the day runners? I did replace the bulbs with silverstars. Not sure if that is my problem?

Tomorrow I am going to try my original bulbs and see if my day runners work and run a ground to the horn mount. Just want to know where the relay is for the horn mainly! Thanks guys.

Edited by ericem

Thanks for your reply. Ok well the horn I guess I will have to finalize tomorrow. Just like I said, I do not hear any clicks.

Also if the hand brake switch is bad, the light would be on the dash wouldn't it? If I pull the handbrake I do see the red light come on, then if i lower it light turns off. Isn't it running of the same switch?

OK, well the relay is indeed behind the fuse box, the one on the A pillar I believe it is called. Got it out stuck my hand in between there after I removed two nuts. The contacts were very corododed and if I hit the relay manually with a screw driver, the horn sounds. So going to order a relay.

Now I need to work on the day runner issue, it is more of a safety concern for me.

New horn relay is in, and the horn is up any running again :banana:

Next up, get someone to shift to D while I am listening for a click on the passenger side.

Makes me think though, if the horn relay looks the way it does. How does my fuel pump relay look per say? Or is it a much more reliable relay?

Found the culprit was hitting relays and realized the lights started flickering. So I found this relay and it was filled with water and when you shake it everything was loose. (was not mounted on the mount was on the floor so it got wet) anyway so I am trying to find the part number. Typed in the one on the top of the relay on Subaru Genuine with no luck going to call the dealership.

01022009113.jpg

01022009114.jpg