Ultimate Subaru Message Board

controversy

Guest tcspeer

Haynes & Chilton manual, says the crankshaft pulley bolt should have around 90 Ft. lbs. of torque on the 2.2 engine. After I gave this information out, I have had people with much more knowledge about Subaru's than me say it is wrong! However no one has quoted the correct torque from the offical Subaru shop manual. Does anybody have one or know where to get it. If any one has access to this information please post it.

Guest scoobtech

I have done many Subaru t-belts , etc . I have always just tightened it it until I had nothing left . I have done this for 7 seven years & haven"t had any comeback . In fact , some have even come back 60 or 105,000 miles later for the second belt & its still tight . Its only an exact science if you want it to be . The bolt doesn't know . 0]

Guest Legacy777

Pretty much all the manuals, including the FSM have the incorrect spec.

The general consensus from those that have worked on these motors a lot is to tighten the hell out of the bolt. I've heard anywhere from 110-125 ft/lbs.

Get it in that ball park and you should be good. I torqued mine to 110 ft/lbs and added a tad of locktite.