Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2009: Year of the Group Purchase

Kick around thread.

Hoping to spurn individual posts pertaining to but not limited to such items as:

The existing threads for rubber/weatherstripping and Heater cores

Suspension/engine/tranny mounting rubber

Carpet

We have some decal repro folks right here. Can we maybe get our heads together and have produced one or two stripe kits (white and black?) for 72-79? Give the maker a good number of buyers - them passing along a discount - keep the money in the family here. :)

Anything else? Fiberglass panels? Pre-formed hoses kits? Brake lines?

Tight year for money for lots of folks,I know. But it's also a good year to wheel 'n deal with shops. Think about how long you hope to keep your car on the road.

Kick it around.

i could probably go for a set of door weather strips for the 79 brat. i'm also still interested in the damn kamei front lip!!!! SOMEBODY MAKE THEM! (or let me make them!!!! sell me one!!!!!):rolleyes:

seriously... most of the replies i've got about them have been 'neener neener neener! i have one and you don't!) :lol:

Not from me.

That's happened before where a board member or two think the other person is taunting. Happened to me,gonna happen to you too.

Let's get back to group buys of parts we all need.

Yes,I mentioned fiberglass panels but only because it'll be easier to make glass panels than make them from sheetmetal. In this case something that seems more exotic actually isn't and is most likely the least expensive way to make a new fender,etc.That is if we get things moving and have one shop produce a batch.

It'd be nice to have simple old sheetmetal but now we're at a point of needing reproduction panels since originals and aftermarkets are extremely hard to come by.

i could probably go for a set of door weather strips for the 79 brat. i'm also still interested in the damn kamei front lip!!!! SOMEBODY MAKE THEM! (or let me make them!!!! sell me one!!!!!):rolleyes:

seriously... most of the replies i've got about them have been 'neener neener neener! i have one and you don't!) :lol:

I have one but I'm unsure if I want to sell it or get another gen 1 to put it on. Depending on what happens in the next year, I might be willing to sell it. Doesn't have the sticker on the front of it anymore since it was crooked when I got it so I removed it and put it on my toolbox. I think I also have the instruction sheet for it too somewhere.....

Neener neener neener:grin: