Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gauging Interest: Outback/Legacy 2nd/3rd Gen Front Skid Plates

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AZP Installs

AZP Installs

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere!

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:23 PM

Hey guys,
Just trying to get a feel if there is enough interest in getting front skid plates made. I work with Rally Armor on these as they manufactur them and we sell them. They are willing to make skid plates for us for Legacy/Outbacks but need a firm commitment from 5 buyers before they start making them. Shoot me a PM/IM/E-mail if you would be interested. You can check out the WRX ones on http://AZPInstalls.com

-mike

#2 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

Skid plates, eh... Actually what I'd really be interested in would be a small pushbar/lightbar, like the ones that were made for the Brats and older DL/GL's. Have any requests for those yet ? :D

#3 AZP Installs

AZP Installs

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:32 PM

We have gotten requests for ones similar to http://www.ecb.com.au we are working on something but no mounting ideas as of yet. It's in the works, just trying to get it tested before marketing it.

-mike

#4 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:29 PM

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Thanks for the link, hope you drum up support for the rally skidpads. Maybe Subiegal would be interested...

#5 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,437 posts
  • WA

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

www.get-primitive.com
already makes skidplate for most all Subaru's...

I had one on my 99 GT
worked great...

Jamie

#6 remarcable

remarcable

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,061 posts
  • South Carolina

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:47 PM

I still have a Primitive Racing 1/8" skid plate on my 99 outback and it has survived quite a beating. If you offroad your subie, you need something similar.

It's actually pretty nice on the road too, because the engine bay stays cleaner. I've even encountered a hydroplane effect when hitting deep puddles instead of the bog-down-and-break-something-going-under-water that usually happens.

Get a skid plate! For convenience I suggest one with a hole cut out near the oil pan drain bolt.

#7 wrxsubaru

wrxsubaru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Seattle Washington US

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:14 PM

Originally posted by remarcable

Get a skid plate! For convenience I suggest one with a hole cut out near the oil pan drain bolt.

Does a skid plat also cover the oil filters? WHAT about 1 gen legacy, all out legacys have oil pan dents from rocks when we have gone 2 tracking.

#8 AZP Installs

AZP Installs

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:23 AM

Originally posted by Subie Gal
www.get-primitive.com
already makes skidplate for most all Subaru's...

I had one on my 99 GT
worked great...

Jamie

Thanks! Ours are estimated to be $50 or so less than primitive's for the legacys.

-mike

#9 AZP Installs

AZP Installs

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:24 AM

Originally posted by wrxsubaru
Does a skid plat also cover the oil filters? WHAT about 1 gen legacy, all out legacys have oil pan dents from rocks when we have gone 2 tracking.

Have no fear! I'm picking up a '94 legacy shortly, once I get it we'll be working on a 1st gen one as well.

-mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users