Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/import/

Hey guys! I might do Carlisle this year.

I'm not one of those reptile folks but we're planning on going to the Reptile/Amphibian show there on the same weekend. My son is really excited about the fact that both gigs are happening that weekend.

Reptile show:

http://www.centralpareptileexpo.com/

hsssssssssssssss :lol:

Carlsile is a Meet - FUN -Non Judging -Show You don't need a creampuff car to be there. If it gets there under its own power that's good enough.

We should be getting into town Friday night and doing the car show on Saturday. Saturday breakfast wherever - lunch at the Show - dinner wherever. Hotel/motel unless its just my son and I then we might camp.

Car we'll bring -still not sure. '92 FWD or '92 AWD or '79 Brat or '78 4WD wagon.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be doing my usual..entering 2 cars and getting a camp sight...maybe 2 cause it seems each year more gather to our little humble homestead.

Not sure which car will make the trip...right now it looks like it will be my Impreza :-\.

We are also in the works of possibly ..POSSIBLY ..bringing a west coaster over for the show.

I'm planning on going, do I need to sign up and register with anybody ahead of time? I'm planning on driving my Brat down...It's around an 8 hour drive. But yeah I just need to know how much money to send to who/where. I know that Connie said something about having a USMB tent there and I would love to have my Brat parked with all the other subys!

I also like the idea of going to the reptile thing as well! I'll have my wife and daughter and a couple friends with me so it should be fun!!

bratman18 ..you will send your entries into the Carlisle events thingy carsatcarlisle.com..Import Kit and Replicar show..when you fill out the entry under club just put Ultimate Subaru...I forget what the number of entries needed is but if we get enough we get the club tent for free. Subeman90 knows that info. And last year njdrsubaru made us an awesome banner.

Us roughing it campers go to Wafflehouse in the morning for coffee and grits:grin::slobber::slobber:mmmm grits.( Thats backwoodsboy darlingchip hatchsub and friend and myself and husband) We are also in the works of trying to get Briggs here from WA ( Psyko) to camp with us then pawn him off on Neo for a romp through the Barrens after the show.

I will be sending my entries in in the next week or 2.

websight

http://welcome.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/import/

Edited by Bucky92

bratman18,

Yow! Maine to Carlisle in 8 hours? :eek:

Count on 10 and if you catch NYC traffic count on 11-13.

Especially with kids and all you don't want to put the pedal to the metal....

I'll assist you with directions to avoid NYC if you need them. I'm not sure if you're planning to run down I-95 or across I-84,etc...

Cool - I'm not redneck but you guys do accept Euro-trash,right? :lol:

See you there - and damned if we're not on a grits kick right now. I think we've had them in about half of our meals this past week. Shhhoooooeeey boy!! Needs me a stalk o grass in my teeth - the few remaining that is. :lol:

I have a GPS and it said that I would make it in under 8 hours. I was planning on 10...my daughter is only 8 months right now so she will be 1 year in May, so I'm guessing we will be stopping. My wife and daughter are going to ride down with our friends, and I will be leading in my Brat.......what's this redneck stuff?:lol: Yeah like Connie said..trash is trash:lol: Yeah I have made the trip to Virginia and N.C. a couple times so I do know about the traffic. We plan on leaving early Friday morning and getting there Friday night staying in a hotel somewhere and then coming to the show on Saturday...As far sending money I guess I just send what ever they want to enter a car and enter it under USMB. Then can my friends just pay admission at the gates? I look forward to meeting everybody and seeing some other cars!!

bratman18,

Yow! Maine to Carlisle in 8 hours? :eek:

Count on 10 and if you catch NYC traffic count on 11-13.

Especially with kids and all you don't want to put the pedal to the metal....

I'll assist you with directions to avoid NYC if you need them. I'm not sure if you're planning to run down I-95 or across I-84,etc...

Cool - I'm not redneck but you guys do accept Euro-trash,right? :lol:

See you there - and damned if we're not on a grits kick right now. I think we've had them in about half of our meals this past week. Shhhoooooeeey boy!! Needs me a stalk o grass in my teeth - the few remaining that is. :lol:

OOOOWWWW i really want to go but im not sure ill be making it this year. I may be on my way across the States on route 66. I wanna see the country before im tied down in a crappy job. What i might do is have carlisle be my first stop or something. We shall see when it gets closer.

Ok guys here is the deal: WE NEED 25 REGISTERED CARS. THEY MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE "ULTIMATE SUBARU CLUB" If we don't then we have to pay $150 (or something like that) for our club space. MARK MY WORDS IF WE FALL SHORT THEN I AM GOING TO ASK FOR EVERYONE TO HELP PAY FOR THIS. They shafted me around the other year so I am not going to get my $$$ hung on the line again. I'm not trying to be jerky about this but there is more to this then just showing up on my end.

I will register 3 cars. if we want to make this work then we all need to maybe register a few extra cars ;)

we need to have 25 registered way before the tent/club deadline. i'm not sure when that is but I don't like to wait till the last minute either.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here but let me explain what happened when I had to pay the $150: They kept loosing my refund check and it took them almost 4 months to square up with me...all while I was going through a divorce with hardly any scratch to my name. I'm sorry but that really rubs my a$$ a little bit the wrong way. At one point I was buying gas with change cause I was so broke and they had my $$$. We have all been there at one time or another so I sure some of you can relate. ;)

I want to beat them at their own game this time.

Doze friggin bastids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadline is sometime in late April. One of us will find out and post. Meanwhile for complete details you can go to the Carlisle website.

Thanks Paul yes if you find out the exact deadline please post it. But in the mean time should I just still register under USMB? Thanks

yeah you can do that. I've registered cars before and didn't even do the paperwork for the club spot yet. :o if you got the $$ then go for it. Just make sure in the club spot you put "ultimate subaru"

okay thanks! And if you find out anymore info please post it. Thanks again -Jason

Hey new folks,

There's a dedicated website invloved. http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/import/

This event has run for many many years now. It's no big secret,there's not much mystery unless you look into that chili someone made....

To be part of the group there's no special talent needed other than going online and paying for your entry.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CE&Category_Code=CINI

If you have an extra couple of bucks then please consider adding a second or third Subaru to your registry even if you can't bring that 2nd or 3rd car. It helps towards our needing 25 cars for the free tent....etc..

If money is too tight that's not a problem. Play the game as you need to. Some of us will pick up the slack.

Look! We got mentioned !!

Japanese Vehicles EventDetailImage.asp?key=24

Featuring classic and specialty vehicles from Japan

Along with over 1,000 imports and kits of all makes and models the 2009 Showfield will feature vintage and specialty Japanese vehicles from CVCCs to 350Zs. We also want to see some unique rides like Datsun Roadsters, early Subarus and RX-7s. 2009 will pay homage to all of the cool rides from the “Land of the Rising Sun.” So if you’re into anything from Celicas to Miatas you won’t want to miss it!

Someone will have to call to find out the exact deadline. I looked and could not find it browsing around the Carlisle site.

I will be doing my entries this friday after I get paid..want to know if I should grab 1 or 2 camping spces ( since I usually do take care of the camping for anyone who wants to hang with us) I am thinking 2 spaces this year cause I know of at least 1 other who wants to join in your camping festivities.

Let me know what you think?? going for 2 cars and 2 spaces??