Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, but I wasn't too interested in the rest of the show except for the hondas across the way. If you've seen one audi/saab/bmw/volvo etc. you've seen them all. Everyone could meet somewhere else without the expense and hassle and it would be just as good for me. Well I missed Saturday this year, oh well.

Just a thought, but I wasn't too interested in the rest of the show except for the hondas across the way. If you've seen one audi/saab/bmw/volvo etc. you've seen them all. Everyone could meet somewhere else without the expense and hassle and it would be just as good for me. Well I missed Saturday this year, oh well.

a very good point that was discussed before all the stupid went down on Sat. night. I know you weren't there but I have said the same thing too. This is a very viable option.

Everyone could meet somewhere else without the expense and hassle and it would be just as good for me.

My thoughts exactly. :)

I have said to a few... I know people will contunue to attend the show, and thats fine. Im not here to convince people to NOT attend the show. I just dont have any desire to go back there with my truck after getting thrown out for bull$hit reasons at 10:30 at night. :-\

My vote... is that we toss around ideas for some common ground where everyone could gather, and do our own ECSS.

Obviously, Carlisle is just NOT the place.

i can see the point of writing a letter to carlisle fairgrounds as a means of venting, but i dont see an end result that would leave us satisfied. im certain everyone who was still around for the "fun" still has a bad taste in their mouth from it. if carlisle apologizes and offers some sort of token, i think all who attended would still feel like they have to "behave". you cant have a car meet without a little bit of noise! :lol:

i think our decision on going back to carlisle should be dependent on whether or not we come up with a better idea. i too, think we should move our gathering somewhere else. preferably onto private property where we can be loud if we want and maybe have a bonfire or camping, etc. finding something suitable is going to be the hard part...

I'm tired and will need to adress this more clearly in the future but for now....

tent?? -- plenty of tents out there. I have one of those about that size that I got at Sears dirt cheap - ain't never used it but would be easy enought to bring along. I think its a 12' x 12'.

Letter - yes but from ONE person representing us and hopefully someone who keeps their cool. The content of the letter should be inquisitive not barking back over the fence. "What was the factor that determined this person (Jon) cause harm,damage,or disruption? Can't he be forgiven as the engine revving Volvo retards and such were more annoying???" - that sort of approach. Perhaps we can all sign our names to it.

Attending Carlisle - I sure will go again sometime. Yes about the common Volvos etc. but to me its the last place to see some REALLY GREAT cars.

Perhaps a tone down from the redneck rallying that's occured a few times in the last 3 years or so. :grin: That is IF you want to go back with a Group. Personally I feel if you're there on your own and make an arse of yourself with a Subaru you taint the whole image of anyone driving a Subaru.

Elsewhere - for sure we could always use a good gathering spot and indeed we do on occasion. Connie's - the Barrens - and there's plenty more places.

Tired now - see you guys later... and please DON'T ANYONE GET OFFENDED !!!!!!!

Well I done went and offended one guy. :-\

Going to be 2 groups here - lets face it.

Those who wish to attend and would like to write a letter to settle (after discovering) our differences with the Carlisle staff. Or if they even have a problem with the "Subaru Group" at all. Maybe by now they've noticed that within any group there'll be incidents.

And the group who thinks its not worth the effort to go back.

I don't see where the second group is going to help the first group much with the letter.

us and not just me.

wouldn't have it any other way. I'm saying let there be one letter from one person instead of many to start. And that person should state in the letter that they represent the group.

They won't ban us from the event. We're a growing group and lets face it Asian cars in general are going to be taking up much more space in the coming years.