Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the recued 83 GL wagon pics thread

Wow that's crazy that car did come from Maine! I just saw that in early December when my wife and I went to Portland. We passed it on the highway! That's awesome! It really is a small world! So what kind of shape is it in? I see it has some rust but how bad is the underside?

it had a failed distributor, the top bushing was worn on it and was not getting spark correctly due to the wear. I put in my BRAT distributor, and brought it home, 241 miles one way. Since the clutch is toast on my Brat currently, it was a good time to use its parts to save another from the crusher.

i put my extra center caps on yesterday.

I read posts from when GoldieOldie had it. I am 4th owner. He was 3rd owner, where he found it in Maine on Craigslist. The person he got it from took it to Maine from new Mexico. So, it is still really solid. GoldieOldie said the rockers are new, and reinforced, yay. I think, with warm weather in spring, I will finish up the body work, putting it a 2-tone kinda like McBrat posted here. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94177&page=4

It will make it look pretty nice, Mick I am going to recreate the same that you had, thanks for the idea.

Thanks SubieMech85.

He came over to pick out a hitch, and the legacy hitch not even close to fit a EA82 and the civix hitch nogo.

Dennis worked in the sub 20 degree tempts and we got the timing set to 10 on the rescued gl.

Also had fun driving it and we exchanged a few test drives. I think he likes ny 92ss. Think the rescued wagon likes the brat donated organ. Today, I ordered 300 bucks in parts to put the Brat back together. Distri, clutch kit, rear main oil filters for the svx the brat the legacy and brat/gl and etc.

Thanks subiemech85

Thanks SubieMech85.

He came over to pick out a hitch, and the legacy hitch not even close to fit a EA82 and the civix hitch nogo.

Dennis worked in the sub 20 degree tempts and we got the timing set to 10 on the rescued gl.

Also had fun driving it and we exchanged a few test drives. I think he likes ny 92ss. Think the rescued wagon likes the brat donated organ. Today, I ordered 300 bucks in parts to put the Brat back together. Distri, clutch kit, rear main oil filters for the svx the brat the legacy and brat/gl and etc.

Thanks subiemech85

Would it of been a good time now to update to a stronger igniton, like msd or did you want to keep it around stock.

Wow, that car gets around. Is that GoldieOldie (is that his name?) posting or his brother?

I like the kid who said it looked like the first soob to hit US soil. Must be a zit-faced teen eh?:lol:

The guy that actually posted that was the fourth owner. The kid who had it when it died...Goldieoldie...was the 3rd and 5th owner. Yeah I told you that I saw it a couple weeks ago in Portland!:lol: Yeah I guess that kid must have been very young or not have a clue about subarus at all and just likes his fast car:-\

• 1 month later...

:banghead::banghead::-\The person I rescued it from never transfered the title to himself (maybe due to Maines law) but I received the title, which now, since he never transferred into his own name, is a ISSUE.

New Mexico title:

person 1 selling to Jim

then Jim signed title to ME.

I cannot register it or get title in my name until the previous owner has titled it.. It has to be tranferred to jim, where he would apply or title, then he would transfer to me.

Since there is NM, ME, IA, and jim is in UT, this is not going as planned,

I would have to send title back to jim, he would have to register the car again, and obtain his own title then he would have to send the title to me. Its a lost cause for a nice car i wanted to use.

Edited by bheinen74

for once, i blame the inconsistency in laws. willl determine something:horse:

Bratman....probably i need to get a maine title somehow, from the NM. then the maine title, would be sent to me here in Iowa. problem is Jim is not around. I will pay the title fees wherever, they can't be too terrible.

Edited by bheinen74