Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nissan Xterra issue

This is not my car as i would never own one, but its my best freinds partner and i get the irate phone calls.

This is a supercharged, i think 2002 xterra mileage unknown but im guessing 85K from the last time it went to the dealer.

It looses electircal power like its running off the battery. The dealer can never find it except once, the last time, when they replaced the Alt. It just happened again tonight, acts like it is running low on voltage. Only this time the car restarted. Usually its stone cold dead.

Its had this problem for quite some time and it cant be found, it being an electrical demon.

So suggestions? Is there like a body relay? He has lights when this happens. Maybe a bad ignition switch?

This isnt my most favorit person in the world, but eh i'm getting tired of the phone calls.

nipper

as odd as it sounds,i had a boss with a late 90s truck that had to have the wiring harness"fluffed"...........it seemed that it was losing power continuously.....they took the engine wiing harness loose and seperated all of the wires,added some insulation to them,and it never had the problem again.....

it was a heating up issue.there was no burn through on any of the wires,but the heat was not dissipating properly through the loom.so it was breeding gremlins.

i dunno,sounds odd,but everything worked for a long time after that.still is.cheers, brain