Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nissan Xterra issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

This is not my car as i would never own one, but its my best freinds partner and i get the irate phone calls.

This is a supercharged, i think 2002 xterra mileage unknown but im guessing 85K from the last time it went to the dealer.

It looses electircal power like its running off the battery. The dealer can never find it except once, the last time, when they replaced the Alt. It just happened again tonight, acts like it is running low on voltage. Only this time the car restarted. Usually its stone cold dead.

Its had this problem for quite some time and it cant be found, it being an electrical demon.

So suggestions? Is there like a body relay? He has lights when this happens. Maybe a bad ignition switch?

This isnt my most favorit person in the world, but eh i'm getting tired of the phone calls.

nipper

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

as odd as it sounds,i had a boss with a late 90s truck that had to have the wiring harness"fluffed"...........it seemed that it was losing power continuously.....they took the engine wiing harness loose and seperated all of the wires,added some insulation to them,and it never had the problem again.....

it was a heating up issue.there was no burn through on any of the wires,but the heat was not dissipating properly through the loom.so it was breeding gremlins.
i dunno,sounds odd,but everything worked for a long time after that.still is.cheers, brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users