Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Breaking news: Next rallycross event on February 15th in Stanwood, WA

edrach

Copied and pasted from another website:

Hi guys,

It's that time of year again and we're trying to put together a season of events for the rallyx season in our area. We got permission from the landowner today to use his property for this event.

James, I'm posting this up here because it's only 2hrs from Vancouver in Stanwood, WA. Last time I posted a rallyx I got PMs about not having enough rallyx events on the mainland. Here we go! icon_confused.gif

Details are still being sorted but here is the information we currently have:

Quote:

What: OCE Valentine's RallyX

When: Sunday, February 15th, 2009

Sanction: NASA

Where: Stanwood, WA (actual map to be posted later)

Cost: $30USD/$35CAD per entry, free to spectate

Bonus: Bring your wife/girlfriend and she gets to race for 1/2 price!

Thanks,

Erik Lyden

Off-Camber Events

Edited by edrach

They went up to Stanwood today to inspect the field after the flooding last week. Here's the update:

We took a drive up there today to check it out.

The flooding and heavy rains have left standing water on the site. We're going to check it out in a week and see what it looks like. We might have enough to work with for a small course as it stands but we're hoping for more. icon_smile.gif

Right now, Jon's right, we're having a regatta-x if it stays like this. So, if you own an r/c boat, start prepping it for the 2/15! lol2.gif

It's only a 90-minute drive from Auburn so it's not as bad as Ed makes it sound. It's under two miles from Stanwood itself.

-Erik

Bonus: Bring your wife/girlfriend and she gets to race for 1/2 price!

Do you suppose the same offer would apply for my boyfriend? :lol:

We'll see if I can get the old girl up in time... we're having some serious steering issues at the moment and my suspension has been rather.... tired... ever since Brooklyn this summer... go figure :rolleyes:

Do you suppose the same offer would apply for my boyfriend? :lol:

Yes it would. That question has been answered on another forum already. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671642

The real question is can you trust your BF with your car in a rallyX?

I hope you get the car ready in time. This is certainly the shortest drive you'll get for a rallycross.

Edited by edrach

Where is this in Stanwood? I lived in Conway, my whole life and I can't think of where they could or would do this at.

Jeff

Erik says it's about a mile out of town. They won't release the exact address since it's private property and they don't want people annoying the landowner and "practicing" before the event. Check the nasioc thread since it has more information than I've been transferring over to here.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted elsewhere by an organizer of the event:

Hi guys,

The event has been postponed. There won't be an event at the Stanwood property.

It looks like we got shut down by the county. It appears that Snohomish county is designated a wetland unless otherwise noted. Hence, this property, possibly any in Snohomish county, cannot be used for rallyx. A harsh blow but we're looking for alternate venues.

I apologize for the late notice but we were hoping that we'd be able to pulll something together last minute.

Cheers,

Erik