Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

seeking EA81 clutchs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shanonsf

shanonsf

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • san francisco, ca

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:04 AM

hey folks,

the clutch on my 82 GLW is on the way out (starting to slip) and I think I have adjusted properly (any advice appreciated).

So i am seeking/sourcing clutches and am curious if the clutches are the same for the EA81 carb'd and Turbo motors....??

gotta ea81T on the stand that probably won't be ready before clutch goes..........:(

looking only to buy one clutch and put turbo motor later this spring.........

thx always,

shanonsf
82 GLW manipulated

#2 shanonsf

shanonsf

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • san francisco, ca

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:05 AM

oh yeah,

its a 4spd D/R.............

:-p

shanonsf

#3 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:57 AM

2wd: 7 and 7/8" clutch disk
4wd: 8 and 7/8" clutch disk

I think the turbo disk is lighter. So of course, for race applications, a really really light 8 7/8" disk would be grand. For four wheelin just grab the regular ol' heavy 4wd disk.

btw - andrew (hondasucks) has my spare PP and clutch disk from my hatchback. Still got some meat left on it... he could probably use the cash if you were interested.

#4 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:01 AM

also, you buildin up that EA81T motor?

;)

a couple bucks here or there and before you know it...

seriously though... parts are cheap, 'cept for cams, saving $40 here or there can go a ways between now and when you put the engine in. New HP springs, retainers, lifters, drivetrain stuff....

I would love that motor to get one, $200 and I can grab everything I need for the swap...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users