Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vacuum Help and Diagram

3 things;

Does any body have the vaccuum diagram for an 87 gl hitachi carb? I have downloaded two factory manuals turns out both were for an 89 Dl and both had the the section for the carb omitted, probably since they came FI.

I tried the trick of spraying arond the carb with cleaner to help identify a leak and when I got tho the front center, it seemed to change a bit, not alot but it was noticable enough even to a non-car person. There seemed to be a whole cluster of lines there, what would be my next step, in fixing this. Making sure they are secure, getting a vacuum tester? If I remember correctly I am pretty sure I changed out the hoses when I got the car, but don't remember for sure.

Lastly, Does anybody know what this thing is? There was a small hose running out of it that connected to nothing, and then the last time i looked the hose was totally missing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22619255@N00/3174551220/

look under the hood

meaning the surface of the hood on the underside.

Vacuum diagram may be there.

The picture may be part of a criuse control system

little hard to see in your picture.

Maybe the idle up for an AC system.

Does it in any way have linkage going to the throttle control?

Lastly, Does anybody know what this thing is? There was a small hose running out of it that connected to nothing, and then the last time i looked the hose was totally missing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22619255@N00/3174551220/

The piece in the picture is for the AC Fast idle. That little tube should connect to the vacuum canister that sits up ontop of the passenger strut tower.

Here is the Vac diagrahm for 87. It is just a reprint of the 86 diagrahm that they stuck into the 87 FSM without updating. However I've noticed there are a few slight differences not shown in 87 FSM. Like you have a small solenoid mounted to the Front/top/pass side of the aircleaner. Never seen that part identified.

87VacuumACVV.jpg

But anyhow, hope this helps. Ignore the *ditch this* it was advice to someone with terrible idle issues. If you do ditch it you must *T* the main and slow air bleeds into the aircleaner.

Edited by Gloyale