Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vacuum Help and Diagram

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebmx

joebmx

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

3 things;
Does any body have the vaccuum diagram for an 87 gl hitachi carb? I have downloaded two factory manuals turns out both were for an 89 Dl and both had the the section for the carb omitted, probably since they came FI.

I tried the trick of spraying arond the carb with cleaner to help identify a leak and when I got tho the front center, it seemed to change a bit, not alot but it was noticable enough even to a non-car person. There seemed to be a whole cluster of lines there, what would be my next step, in fixing this. Making sure they are secure, getting a vacuum tester? If I remember correctly I am pretty sure I changed out the hoses when I got the car, but don't remember for sure.

Lastly, Does anybody know what this thing is? There was a small hose running out of it that connected to nothing, and then the last time i looked the hose was totally missing.
http://www.flickr.co...N00/3174551220/

#2 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

look under the hood
meaning the surface of the hood on the underside.
Vacuum diagram may be there.

The picture may be part of a criuse control system
little hard to see in your picture.
Maybe the idle up for an AC system.

Does it in any way have linkage going to the throttle control?

#3 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,516 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

Lastly, Does anybody know what this thing is? There was a small hose running out of it that connected to nothing, and then the last time i looked the hose was totally missing.

The piece in the picture is for the AC Fast idle. That little tube should connect to the vacuum canister that sits up ontop of the passenger strut tower.

Here is the Vac diagrahm for 87. It is just a reprint of the 86 diagrahm that they stuck into the 87 FSM without updating. However I've noticed there are a few slight differences not shown in 87 FSM. Like you have a small solenoid mounted to the Front/top/pass side of the aircleaner. Never seen that part identified.

Posted Image

But anyhow, hope this helps. Ignore the *ditch this* it was advice to someone with terrible idle issues. If you do ditch it you must *T* the main and slow air bleeds into the aircleaner.

Edited by Gloyale, 06 January 2009 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users