Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Back in a Brat Again!

After having owned some Brats in the past, and making the mistake of getting rid of my 'nice' one, and I back riding in Brat style! I purchased the 1986 Grey Brat on Ebay recently. This is the one that was in Wisconsin, not the one that was in Chicago with missing inner door panel and spray paint patches. Anyways, the body is as good as advertised. my wife and I drove out to pick it up last Sunday. After visiting with the seller a bit, he remembered that he had a brush guard for it. It turned out to be the Subaru A style bar. It needs to be sandblasted and painted, but thats easy enough to do! I have already made a trip to our local library to check out thier copy of "How to Keep Your Subaru Alive". I still have my 04 Baja Turbo 5 speed, and my wife has a 09 Forester, but its fun to be back with an old school car! Hopefully the Brat will be able to make an apperance at this summers Midwest meet.

Kurt