Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Markus56 getting lifted!!

one eye

:confused:ok hopfuly somone can help me i have a 91 loyal i built the lift exact to the plans all that turned out perfect then came the not so fun part tryed meny different ways to get thes instald.. how do u get this to go together on the front the only thing i did not do was remove the axel. I could not get the extra clearance can someone plese help it would be very healpful :confused::confused:

You need to READ all of the information already provided. There is a wealth of it in all of the stickys.

Long story short/simple answer:

NO. You can't do a 4" lift on just the struts. You need to drop crossmembers if you go 4".

For all of that information, I'll leave you to research the countless other threads answering those questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
how do you adjust the camber on the ea82? i had a friend help me with this and can't figure it out.

Front or rear? Front blocks need to be at a 15* angle pushing the strut inwards towards the engine. rear straps need to be at a 45* angle - dropping the crossmembers about an inch is a good idea too if you dont want your axles to start spewin out grease

Edited by Loyale90
info and spellign

Front or rear? Front blocks need to be at a 15* angle pushing the strut inwards towards the engine. rear straps need to be at a 45* angle - dropping the crossmembers about an inch is a good idea too if you dont want your axles to start spewin out grease

The front ones. The rear looks fine the way it is, I just can't figure out why my front tires are leaning out at the top. He cut the blocks at 15* and they are pushing the tops of the struts inward. The 2" block has the holes offset correctly, I believe. Could not having dropped the crossmember cause this?

The front ones. The rear looks fine the way it is, I just can't figure out why my front tires are leaning out at the top. He cut the blocks at 15* and they are pushing the tops of the struts inward. The 2" block has the holes offset correctly, I believe. Could not having dropped the crossmember cause this?

This is loyale90

not sure maybe the angle of the axle made a little bit of difference. not having dropped the crossmembers ate my axles its really easy to do and made the axles ALOT less stressed.

Have you moved or rolled the car? that will make it settle down if you do that, other wise it will look like this \--/

Jeff

• 1 year later...