Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Markus56 getting lifted!!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#151 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Bronze Subscribers
  • 2,569 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I dont know about the back though, Probably will do the front but I dont know what the angle should be for the back...................

Jeff

#152 maniac

maniac

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Bend Oregon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

they make the plastic insert for it that isn't angled at all so im just wondering if I fab em up should I make em straight or angled, For the back I'm pretty sure I will just make straight ones.

#153 Ioku

Ioku

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Bend

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

Your going to want them angled in the back too or you will end up with positive camber. You should also look into getting some outback or forester struts for your Legacy they have a higher spring perch to give you more clearance for taller tires. Brads you pull in Redmond might have some I've gotten struts there for about $20 each with springs.

#154 dave86gl

dave86gl

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • duncannon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens.

#155 dave86gl

dave86gl

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • duncannon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens. Also how do you drop crossmember? Do you need some kind of spacers and is it difficult?

#156 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Bronze Subscribers
  • 2,569 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hi all, I finally found the tube lift info from Markus56, I have an 86gl sedan that I want to lift. What is done for the rear lift? Is it the same as posted using the bolt under the rear seat to raise it? Thanks for any info. Will post pix when it happens. Also how do you drop crossmember? Do you need some kind of spacers and is it difficult?

This is what you need to do...

Posted Image

Jeff

#157 FlatFourFrenchy

FlatFourFrenchy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Central Missouri

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I just lifted mine this way. The rear is very stiff now. Should I take the pre-load off of rear control arms to soften ride? Some vibration on accel but understandable with new driveline angles.

#158 Mechanymous

Mechanymous

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Finland

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hi, I´ve got loads of 2,4" (6cm) tube for free and thought i could make this sort of lift from that, would that difference to the 2" be significant for the axle wear? This loyale 3 gen. i have is my daily driver so I don´t want to hugely risk popping cv´s just at this point. I think i could shorten the tube to that 2" but of course it´s a lot more work and structurally maybe not the best thing... Oh yeah and at what angle are those lift rear plates?

PS. this is my first post and thanks for all the great info.

Edited by Mechanymous, 27 June 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#159 branbikenut1

branbikenut1

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • St. Louis, MI

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

I would also like to know the length and angle the rear lift plates are

#160 zte87

zte87

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Mt vernon, wa

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

When are we lifting my subi Jeff? If I can find some 14 inch wheels for it I plan on running 27-8.50-14 maxis bighorns, this is my dd so I will need the slanted blocks to help the camber!

Oh yeah this is Zac from les Schwab!

#161 DevoScoobyRoo

DevoScoobyRoo

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Under your rear seat in your car there should be a little plug in the middle, if you pull that off there is a 19mm bolt if you tighten that all the way it will pick up the back of your car, I don't know if you've done this before or not, but I'll keep going with this. anyways, If you put 2" blocks in the front and your torsion bars up all the way up in the rear, it will sit flat and about 2" higher, we did this with my buddy mikes rig and this is what it looks like
WalkerNov042.jpg?t=1231575855

Again there is no lift in the rear just the torsion bars and 2 2" blocks on each side in the front.

That's a nice easy way to lift it and not put any extra stress on the rear axles of the EA81's

Hope that might give you a bit of an Idea for a little lift!!

Jeff

would that same bolt be in the ea81 brat 86?

#162 Double Life

Double Life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Reno,NV.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Can you guys email me step by step on how to do this. I have a very clean 87 GL wagon that is sock as it gets. My email is Mojorising1965@yahoo.com. Thanks Double Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users