Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help me diagnose

Maybe it is a Foolish Advice, but here it Goes:

Have you Checked your Tires for Low Pressure / Different Size \ Different Rims?

`cos the Metallic Sound could be the Exhaust too...

if Everything Tire Related seems to be OK, I Suggest to Check Carefully the Links, Steering Parts, Ball Rods, etc... for Loosen Parts and misalignment...

Hmmm id say look at all the axle boots to check their condition. Also make sure none of the connecting rods are bent. Also are all your tires the same? (brand, profile etc.) Next check the brake discs for scoring or an icky brown color. May I also suggest replacing the power steering fluid with the Lucas stop leak kind, worked wonders for me. If those things check out you car may just need alignment :banana: Thats what I know from personal experience someone else on here might be able to tell you more.

as stated, check your brakes. if the rotors and pads look okay (pull the wheels and look through the windows on the back of each caliper to see a profile view of the pads, by fsm pads should be a minimum of .295" or 1/4" including metal backing ), make sure all the fasteners are still tight. if necessary, you can disconnect the park brake cables carefully tie them outta the way and see if it changes anything. my 84 hatch had a sticking park brake lever on the pass side causing it to drag a bit - didn't pull like you're talking about but you never know. i pulled the rubber boot off, regreased it, reclamped the boot with a piece of heavy wire and haven't had problems since.