Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Budget Ken Block Gymkhana vid remake

MCRT

We got bored when everything was covered in ice/snow and decided to venture out and make a video as a spoof/remake/tribute to his amazing video.

We used my well worn 90 legacy wagon for all the action. It was purchased as my first subaru/winter beater and I will never drive anything but one now in the snow and ice.

enjoy

Gymkhana vid remake

Edited by MCRT

hehe :)

Your neighbors gotta hate you. :lol:

Looks like some fun.

Not having any close neighbors has it's advantages. :banana:

It was laugh after laugh that day. Poor legacy, still going strong and about to take me on a trip to NC. I'm ready to explore some dirt backroads.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I now own this scooby now :banana:

Did a headgasket change on drivers side, retiming, and hope to get some lights back on the front again.

The engine still has its crosshatches and is in excellent shape. Knock sensor is broken but a new one goes on tomorrow. The 560K resistor trick does NOT work and radioshack was out of piezoelectric transducers. Had no idea the ODO was 213K miles since the speedo says 131k heheheh.. Doesn't matter to me, runs A+, the guy was so nice to even include a spare set of struts for the rear. I got the car for $300. Just got done putting the thermostat back in, damn the heater gets HOT now.

No CELs when i got it, have 3 now since I did the headgasket but just the air purge canister, Idle control (even though I have perfect idle and removing the connector makes the RMPs drop massively) and knock sesnor. The exhaust was cut from the head bolt being stuck, to bend it down and the thermostat might of caused the purge canister not to open since the engine temp was under 100-250 all the time.

First Scooby ever and loving it.