Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ic/BPV/intake please help

I hooked up my ic and bypass valve. I ran the bypass valve from after the ic to the plastic cylinder piece on the intake. The problem is that whenever i accelerate on boost or even close to boost, if i press the clutch in or shift to neutral, the rpm's go down past idle and then it dies. It feels like it is just not getting any air. I bumped up the idle and it helped a little bit. I found this out as a lost power steering and brakes going around a corner. NOT FUN. Another thing is i'm still getting lots of oil in the intake. I'm changing the pcv valve tomorrow but want to just put air filters on the end of the pcv hoses that go into the intake. Will this work? HELP!

Yes, you should have Tex check it out.

Sounds like it may be plumbed backwards, here is how it should be plumbed.

The "MAF to Turbo Pipe" is the canister opening you speak of.

The intake plenum is after the IC, before the throttle body, like you say you have it installed.

bloffvalve.jpg

I looked at it again and its all plumbed in the correct way as far as i can tell. Subarutex, I pm'd you so maybe you can help me sort that out. One quick question. The ic i used is out of a saab and i ran the piping the opposite of how they run stock. I was told this should not matter and i was just checking.