Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PCV help needed

The air injection is routed into the exhaust ports of the heads, but could wide open valve be introducing more air than heads can pump out, and the excess ends up in the crankcase?

I vaugely remeber those. One side of the reed valve goes to the exhaust port. The other side goes where? If a reed valve is broken off, it might be possible for exhaust to go backwards through the valve.

What about EGR valve, it is capped from weber conversion.

No, that goes exhaust to intake. If it was way out of wack, the engine wouldn't run good.

Pictures might help. MKaybe someone will spot something.

I Was Almost Sure that a Clogged Exhaust was the Cause...

Excuse me if my Suggestion Didn`t Work; I just Really Wanted to Help you.

Just for info: my EA82`s 5/8" Hoses from Each Head, seems like both Works exactly the Same: Both Breathe / Blow Air, depending on Acceleration.

...Could the carb itself be to blame? That is, is the weber pushing more than engine can handle? Do I need to look at jetting?...

I Do not Believe That, `cos is the Engine who Actual Suck Thru the Carb, not the Carb Pushing anything... (Turbo`s are Another Story)

...What about EGR valve, it is capped from weber conversion. Do I need to look into this? I have run other rigs this way with no consequence...

Also I Believe that a Closed EGR have Nothing to do with that Situation.

...the frustration I am having with this car has gotton me to work in earnest on another car, work I have put off for far too long.

I Understand That `cos I have been in Such Situations... but Let me Tell you that Maybe you can Think about to do another Engine Swap in your Subie, but with an EA81 instead the EA71.

But Don`t Give Up! ... Maybe there is an Easy Fix Hidden Somewhere, it Could be Something that we Haven`t think about Yet... Photos could Help a Lot... Could you Post some Pics of your Engine`s hoses Config?

Maybe it is a Fool Suggestion, but Here it Goes: if there are Pressure Build Up related to the PCV & Hoses from each Head... Why don`t you leave all the Hoses Open with just an Air Filter in Each one?... (Just to Prevent problems like the Seals from Pop Out) ...While the Proper Fix is Reached.

Kind Regards!

Thanks for that one. What diameter hose did you use for the middle piece to join the two sides?

It was all stock stuff, as I had a mess of spares at the time....

by stock stuff, I mean the hard stuff, that went to the valvecovers. if you use any soft tubing, it will collapse when it heats up and is under the manifold vac. if it collapses like that, it'll close the loop, and start pressurinzing and spewing oil