Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear coil-over question.

From what I understand, to adjust the rear coil-overs on my 86 GL, I need to compress the spring, and then rotate the body of the coil over until it sits on one of the taller notches correct? Now, I've got a super nifty spanner wrench for turning it to a taller notch, but, I haven't got a spring compressor lying aorund. What tools have you guys made do with and had reasonable success? I was thinking maybe a pair of large c-clamps?:-\

Thanks for the help guys! I guess I'll do some bouncing around town after class tomorrow and see if I can find some tools to beg borrow or buy.

And since I'm on the topic of suspension and such. The camber is off enough that my "new" snow tires are starting to wear funny. My front left has a weird positive camber even though it's set at the same height as the pass side. And that tire's outside shoulder is noticeabley rounded (by sight and feel) in comparison to the opposite side of the tire as well as the other three tires on the car...I measured from the ground to the center of the fender across the hub on both sides and they are within 1/4" of each other. What, besides the adjustment nuts on the front struts, will affect front end camber?