Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Roll Bars and winch bumpers - Original Colors?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hey fellas. I'm about to drop some stuff off at the powder coating place. A high roll bar and a winch bumper, and I'm sort of on the fence about what color to go with. Right now I am strongly leaning toward a flat black or maybe a semi-gloss black. Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, brat is never going to be a perfect restoration, but I am putting an effort into keeping it original where I can. So my question(s) to you fellas is:

What colors were available originally for the roll bars and winch bumpers?

Most of them I have seen have been white. Though I think I have seen a few winch bumpers that are a powder blue color.

One more question too. I'll be selling the low roll bar that is currently in my brat. I am thinking about dropping it off at the powder coater too, to make it more valuable. Would you think there would be much interest in this from board members?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Crabman

#2 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

What colors were available originally for the roll bars and winch bumpers?

Black and white were all I've ever seen stock on the bumpers that weren't chrome. Same for the bars -b/w.

There's a few chromed bars out there for sure. I don't recall an aftermarket co. making them but I'm not Joe 4Wheel either.

Winch - Yellow Check my gallery it should show you my rig.

Orange wouldn't be out of place but yellow for mechanical is SOP to me.

#3 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hey Moosens, regarding the black color on the roll bars. Would you say that it was a flat black, semi-gloss, or ??? Your best guess is fine. Just want to come as close to original as possible.

Thanks!

#4 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

its semi-gloss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users