Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I found some 27" off road tires.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wirebrush

Wirebrush

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Great Falls

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Cooper Discoverer 195 R15. I have been looking for a 27" skinny off road tire for my Brat when I get the lift done and I came across some barely used Coopers and I was thrilled to find that they measure 27 inches in diameter and they are narrower that anything else I've found in a 27" tire.

#2 TeamCF

TeamCF

Rocker panel smasher

• Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

They make a 14" all terrain as well all the way down to a 26" (and up)
I was gonna pick up a set as they are the same size as the street tires I have on now (195/75/14) But the $$$, Swampers are cheaper and more agressive.
At least new.
You found used. if they are in good shape and gotten for a deal, then good score. :)

http://www.coopertir...5&artw=75&rd=14
(The Discoverer Radial LT)

#3 Wirebrush

Wirebrush

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Great Falls

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Is $175 for a set of four with less than 100 miles on them a good deal?

#4 michael appel

michael appel

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • wilsonville Or

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

ground hawg makes a 27 inch mud tire to $$$ is the thing also found quite a bit more to but $$$ wise swampers are the better deal

#5 Greenley

Greenley

EA81 Nut

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Gardnerville : Reno/Tahoe

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

I got a set of 27" Kumho MUD-terrains w/50 miles
mounted on pretty 14" wheels for $300 delivered :-p

Too bad they discontinued these, because they're unstoppable in slop.

A/T tires will prove to be nearly worthless in less than ideal conditions offroad.
Though, the Low Range of the BRAT will make you think otherwise, if you're new to dual range Subarus.

Edited by Greenley, 07 February 2009 - 05:36 AM.

#6 TeamCF

TeamCF

Rocker panel smasher

• Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Is $175 for a set of four with less than 100 miles on them a good deal?

I would say thats a very good deal. :)
By the time it's mounted and balanced that would pretty much cover only one new one.

#7 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,818 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

ground hawg makes a 27 inch mud tire to $$$ is the thing also found quite a bit more to but $$$ wise swampers are the better deal

ughhh.... swampers are just so obnoxious to drive on pavement, kill milage, and wear out after I dunno, like 5000 miles?

#8 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Cooper Discoverer 195 R15. I have been looking for a 27" skinny off road tire for my Brat when I get the lift done and I came across some barely used Coopers and I was thrilled to find that they measure 27 inches in diameter and they are narrower that anything else I've found in a 27" tire.

I had these same tires (R14) on my '83 lifted (4/3 BYB) wagon. They were great! I did have to trim the fenders a tiny bit to prevent rubbing. The car lived in Missoula and Bozeman and now live w/ its new owner in Kalispell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users