Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legacy Wgn 2.2 Might buy, HP hop-ups

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SubeeTed

SubeeTed

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • mass

Posted 15 January 2004 - 04:27 PM

Hi all!
I'm think of buying a 95-97 2.2 Ltr. Legacy Wgn. I'de like to make it more fun to drive, less Soccer Mom wagon! Anyone have any luck with Bolt-On add-ons to make more Horse Power, maybe even better gas milage?? Ya, I'm asking alot!! I need the room for tools! I'de like to make it FUN to drive!! Of course it'll be a 5 speed!

THX, SubeTed

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,614 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:31 PM

bbs.legacycentral.org

feel free to check out my site as well for info on what I've done.

#3 AWD95

AWD95

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • PAC. NW

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:05 AM

I'm selling my 95 L wagon-AWD,ABS,AC,5 SPD with only 63K for $5,500

#4 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:38 AM

For starters, remove the "intake resonator" that lives inside the passenger side fender. Replace it with a short pipe with a trumpet/velcoity stack end - you should be able to cut up the old resonator and use that pipe.
Air inside the fender is cooler than inside the engine room, so keep the end of the pipe in there!

It will hurt low end torque slighty, like below 2500rpm. Top end will be far more reponsive and if make sure you use a velocity stack the noise will be music :D

#5 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Texas

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:30 AM

Rear anti-sway bar (18-20mm), wheels/tires, lightened pulley set, fun sounding muffler, maybe lightened flywheel(if MT). SERIOUS gains (over 10%) likely would require cams, and they come with their own peculiarities. Or save for a turbo'ed engine swap! Still, don't ignore suspension improvements.

#6 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:37 AM

I would LOVE to see someone do a EJ20T swap in from a WRX. THAT would really be awsome. All the HP gains, without too much work (assuming the wiring harness is not too bass-ackwards)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users