Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie from MT

Just wanted to introduce myself and our new member of the family - an '88 Subaru GL Wagon (D/R). Picked it up for our teenage daughter (her first car). She still has her learner's permit but will be taking her test soon. She absolutely loves it and has named it the Ubaru. Had her in the shop this past weekend to learn how to change oil, and do some light wrenching on it.

It has a ton of miles on it (320,000), but it runs good and the interior is in good shape. It has a bit of cancer on the back quarters but other than that it appears to be in good shape. We paid $350 for it. :grin:

P2110071.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks now trying to learn as much as possible before I start picking everyone's brains.

Welcome aboard! Looks like you figured out the beauty of subaru's, they can go millions of miles and they are cheap!

Exactly! I told the kid since we picked it up for $350 we could afford to add some bells and whistles to it. We would really like to add a small lift to it for larger wheels and tires and possibly a push bar. Give it a bit of an aggressive stance. :grin: