Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got rid of my Pickup.... ...replaced with a 4Runner

TheSubaruJunkie

Sold the legacy. Then I sold my pickup. The pickup was alittle beatup and needed more work than I felt comfortable putting into it.

So I sold it, and used the money from both sales to pick this baby up!

IMG_0069.JPG

That is the only pic I have now. But here are the spec's:

• Trail Gear SAS kit with 4" Trail Gear front springs
  • 63" Chevy Rear springs with scissor shackles
  • 4.88 gears front & rear
  • Detroit Locker rear.
  • 22RE EFI (smogged, tagged, ready to roll)
  • Trail Gear axle armor & sliders
  • Bilstein long travel shocks in front with ranchos in rear
  • 35in Pro Comp Mud Terrains mounted on black rock crawler rims

I drove about 100miles away to pick it up. Then drove it home. Freeway manners are well. It can hold 70mph steady and doesn't feel like it wants to drift. Drives straight and smooth. But none of that matters, its all about its off-road performance. Can't wait to go test it out!!

Thats the only pic I have right now. I'll try to take it out this weekend for some more.

First trip was yesterday Jared. I took it up the hill and did some snow wheelin with a friend of mine. It did great, except for the lack of traction due to nearly bald tires. But 6psi seemed to do the trick.

Not alot of flex shots, but those pix wont come for a couple more months.

I really need to work on getting a front Locker. I think I will probably buy a spool and install that in the rear, and move the detroit up front. That will be the cheapest route for now.

Zap, the rear seats are nice, but getting to them suck with the 2 door config. The cargo space is nice as well, I hauled home four 36" swampers today for a friend.

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

As far as the spring perch for the 63's, im not too concerned. Its all about tire placement, and if done properly I shouldn't hang up. But we'll have to wait and see... there will be snow all over the trails for at least the next 2 months.

!!!GEARS!!!!

This is gonna be so sweet! Started to install my transfercase gears tonight. Here's a comparison between stock and aftermarket (left to right)

IMG_0100.JPG

And my workspace.

IMG_0106.JPG

Doing all this to a spare transfercase I have. so there is no downtime on the rig. Although, I should be able to get this finished and swap the cases by this weekend. Sure wish it were this easy for the soobs

Hmm, that 43 tooth gear isn't much larger then the 37 tooth gear..... Maybe it wouldn't be hard to fit 2:1 in a Subaru box, or maybe more? Hard bit is finding enough people who want better gearing at the cost lol... Nah, just upgrade to a 4runner. Its what my brother did and now theres very little that can stop him.

Nice runner mate

• 2 weeks later...

I came really close to buying one of those a year ago and kindof wish I had. It had a little rust in it and I wanted a super clean one like yours.

Have fun with it and keep a few of the wheels on the ground at least. :)

Mine isnt super clean at all. The prev. owner rolled it and the roof looks like a piece of construction paper. I scored another drivers fender off ebay cheap, red too! I went to put it on last night, and the front drivers corner is smashed pretty well. The entire body support is about 2" lower than it should be and i had to do some pretty extensive body work to get it to fit right.

Next is the hood.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the axle back together and the truck driving again. I picked up some used 35" Swampers. They are 35x14.5. Still plenty of life left in them, i think they look way better than the pro-comps I had on there before. Cant wait to test them out.

Also installed a new drivers side fender. Waiting to find a good deal on a new hood.

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG