Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got rid of my Pickup.... ...replaced with a 4Runner

TheSubaruJunkie

That is one sweet rig so far. You are gonna have a lot of fun in this 4runner. I have had mine for 3 years and it never let me down and out brawled many vehicles. Just lock the rear end and it will make it through anything. LOL!! It sucks i have to sell mine. Times are hard and im gonna miss it. but heres a pic of mine

416865451_0e2b19a085_b.jpg

My tires do not rub on the springs, but I have also not tried turning with them full locked either. Right now, the steering stops are bent and I could easily destroy my birfs if I tried to turn too far. This is something I have been meaning to fix, but for now I just limit the amount of turning radius I do.

• 3 weeks later...

So ive slowly been repairing some damaged body panels. Already replaced the fender, nothing fancy there. Next was the hood.

So I picked up a replacement hood last week, and it needed paint. I could have just painted it red to match, but i thought I would do something alittle fancier.

At first I was going to sketch a skull or something crazy and paint it, but skulls are overdone. So I did something alittle different..

First was to blow up the insignia to make a masking. Check out the Rastorbator if you ever want to blow up an image across multiple sheets of paper. Here we have the insignia covering 15 sheets... i think it will fit perfectly:

IMG_0270.jpg

Next we have to put a base coat. Im going to do a red insignia, so I laid a few coats of red down, then masked:

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

Then i taped the insignia in place, and carefully traced it with a razorblade.. cutting through the sheet, and the masking tape underneath.

IMG_0275.JPG

After removing the left over stencil & masking, this is what we got

IMG_0280.JPG

You can probably see some of the red paint was lifted with the tape. Kind of pissed me off, i guess my prep-work wasnt as great as it should have been. Oh well, it will all be covered with black.

A few coats of gloss black

IMG_0282.JPG

And after a few more coats, I removed the left over masking, and viola!!

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

I'll let it sit in the garage overnight and continue to dry, then install it on the truck.

Extra Credit for anybody who can tell me what this insignia is from ;)

• 2 months later...

Here are a couple decent shots recently of the truck with the hood on.

You may notice there is a strap that runs behind my grill. That is holding my hood shut. I think I am going to have to invest in a set of hoodpins soon.

IMG_0332_600x800.JPG

IMG_0309_1067x800.JPG

Soon I will be forced to do something for front & rear bumpers.