Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Got rid of my Pickup.... ...replaced with a 4Runner

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

That is one sweet rig so far. You are gonna have a lot of fun in this 4runner. I have had mine for 3 years and it never let me down and out brawled many vehicles. Just lock the rear end and it will make it through anything. LOL!! It sucks i have to sell mine. Times are hard and im gonna miss it. but heres a pic of mine

Posted Image

#27 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Thats a sweet lookin rig man. Too bad you have to sell it.

#28 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

with those tyres, do you get much spring rubbing on the front? My brother had to limit his lock with his 35x12.5 MTZ's, not by much but they still rub the springs.

#29 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

My tires do not rub on the springs, but I have also not tried turning with them full locked either. Right now, the steering stops are bent and I could easily destroy my birfs if I tried to turn too far. This is something I have been meaning to fix, but for now I just limit the amount of turning radius I do.

#30 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

Ahh, thats cool. Looks tough, I like it.

#31 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

So ive slowly been repairing some damaged body panels. Already replaced the fender, nothing fancy there. Next was the hood.

So I picked up a replacement hood last week, and it needed paint. I could have just painted it red to match, but i thought I would do something alittle fancier.

At first I was going to sketch a skull or something crazy and paint it, but skulls are overdone. So I did something alittle different..

First was to blow up the insignia to make a masking. Check out the Rastorbator if you ever want to blow up an image across multiple sheets of paper. Here we have the insignia covering 15 sheets... i think it will fit perfectly:

Posted Image

Next we have to put a base coat. Im going to do a red insignia, so I laid a few coats of red down, then masked:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then i taped the insignia in place, and carefully traced it with a razorblade.. cutting through the sheet, and the masking tape underneath.

Posted Image

After removing the left over stencil & masking, this is what we got

Posted Image

You can probably see some of the red paint was lifted with the tape. Kind of pissed me off, i guess my prep-work wasnt as great as it should have been. Oh well, it will all be covered with black.

A few coats of gloss black
Posted Image

And after a few more coats, I removed the left over masking, and viola!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll let it sit in the garage overnight and continue to dry, then install it on the truck.

Extra Credit for anybody who can tell me what this insignia is from ;)

#32 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

Horde symbol... realllly?

WOW

:lol:

#33 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

yarly :grin:

#34 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:59 AM

Here are a couple decent shots recently of the truck with the hood on.

You may notice there is a strap that runs behind my grill. That is holding my hood shut. I think I am going to have to invest in a set of hoodpins soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soon I will be forced to do something for front & rear bumpers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users