Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Impromptu Evans Creek run

Qman

Went to Evans Creek on Sunday.

A beautiful start to the day

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=736

We stopped to adjust air pressure. It was very icy on the road up. Not as much snow as the last time we were there though.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=737

The entrance to 311 was a solid sheet of ice. The only traction to be had was in the snow on the edges. Took several tries to get up the first hill. The ruts/holes were so deep.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=738

As you can see, not much sidewall buldge @ 12psi. I later had to air down to about 6psi to get up the rock bowl hill

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=739

Here we are at the lookout at the top of 311. It just started to snow. It later was snowing pretty hard.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=735

The black Rubicon on the right is fully loaded and set up very well. I heard that he has ~ $60K into it.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=740

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=741

We caught up with my brother and his 400hp K5 Blazer. The thing is an absolute beast. But, it is just too big for most of the trails at Evans. He has a a Joyota(Jeep/toyota) in the works. Should make for a cool trail rig.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=743

great pics ken! they really are lacking some snow up there this year.

Oh, they have snow. Just had a big melt already. Still 4-5 feet on the roof tops of the buildings/shelters in the campground. I have a pic at home that shows it. I'll post it tonight.

Oh, they have snow. Just had a big melt already. Still 4-5 feet on the roof tops of the buildings/shelters in the campground. I have a pic at home that shows it. I'll post it tonight.

well lacking compared to last season, where the toilets were buried, and the road to parking lot was a wheeling trip in itself. sweet, always ready for more pics. i'm headed out to work on the lil' roo, i'm really itching to go wheeling. i think i found the weird vibrating sound and part of the reason i'm grenading axle stubs constantly. the diff is pivoting sideways and the forward mount is rubbing in the mounting bracket. I'll have to redo the rear diff mount before i take it anywhere.

• 9 months later...