Ultimate Subaru Message Board

security light blinking contantly!

I would disconnect the positive side battery cable for about 15 to 20 minutes, then reconnect, and hopefully the reboot will solve the problem.

i would try something else first. try locking and unlocking several times from the inside with the door closed.

or

look for a push button under the dash, press and hold with the key in each position.

or

i guess you have already tried using the remote.

if i disconnect my battery, it reads that as a security issue and turns off my ignition. i'd like to disconnect mine since i don't have a remote, but unless i paid the dealer to do it i'm concerned that i'll disable my car altogether.

i wish the light on m SVX would blink. Instead its solid, which means need to replace module, $$$

I have it out of the car, trying to see if it will reset, but all i keep reading says solid light is doom. Newer modules were fixed, mine looks like it has a revision printed on it, but ...blah

Sounds like the classic SLOW 4way blinking.

Never quite understood is since the car will start and drive.

That cars101 link should tell you how to reprogram/reset the security system.

First WIND WINDOW DOWN - yes I've locked myself out a few times doing this. Part of this is that it cycles the locks.

Second I'd get the car in the air - even ramps. They purposely bury that black button under the dash if it's like the late 90's Legacy's. You'll need a light at well.

Security system is in Valet mode - push unlock on fob - open drivers door - hold unlock button on fob until light stops flashing

Hope that helps

SEA#3

I saw that on the cars101 link that I got from OB. Tried it as soon as I got off work and went out to the car...SUCCESS!!!!! :banana:

The light is gone!! YESS!!! Thanks everyone for the help :grin: