Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Flywheel Weights

Hey,

I would like to know the weight of the flywheels for the engines below (4wd models prefered). I found some posts in search saying X clutch is 4 lbs lighter, etc but no actual weights.

Ea81, ea82, and an ER27.

Im not asking for how much yours weighs after lightening. Id like to try to figure out what weight flywheel would be ideal in this engine/trans setup for a street application since they never made a model with the config I am building. (83ea81T wagon with Rx ft4wd trans.)

If you have installed any of these into an 83 or 84 EA81T engine with a 5spd 4wd trans and can give me your gut feelings on how it drives on the street that would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

i have my new (16k mile) flywheel off the ole turbo wagon.. its going to get lightened but i can wiegh it for ya before it gets worked..

its outa a 2wd but its the same as the 4wd turbo ea82 flywheel..

i also have the clutch and PP as well.. all new from the dealer 16k ago.. i could also wieght the hole shootin match as well..

now to find a scale... haha maybe scrapdaddytatum has one i can use for this..

I just picked up a EA82 flywheel that was shaved down to 20lbs. Noticably lighter than stock and about 3-7lbs lighter than a stock ER27. I am sorry that I can't tell what the stock weight was. It was a while ago that we weighed them and he told me he wouldn't sell the lightened one(until today, he, he).

Flywheel was(EA82 SPFI, D/R) 26 lbs, disc and pressure plate added 10 lbs. I used an old bathroom scale; so I can't guarantee accuracy............sorry.

It had just been cut at the Machine shop, but they told me they didn't shave much off, it just needed to be de-glazed.