Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

???power

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fiddler

fiddler

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • big rapids, MI,

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:40 PM

I was wondering if there is any possible way to get more power out of my 93 Loyale???? also wondering about the possibilities of offroading it??

#2 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:45 PM

Do a search. The subject of getting more power is probably the most common one on this board.

Start by cutting out the bottom of the airbox, getting a better muffler, and a hotter ignition.

As for offroad, check out www.ozified.com for lift kits. If you are serious about offroading, swap in a dual-range tranny from a GL or DL.

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:54 PM

Weber carb.

#4 Subafreak

Subafreak

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Central Village Ct.

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:00 PM

EJ22T :D 30inch tires:D

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:26 PM

Originally posted by northguy
Weber carb.

On an SPFI car?

More air in .. more air out.

Better intake.. better exhaust.

For offroading, look in the photos section.

More more specific info, do a quick search. theres tons of info here about the questions you are asking.

#6 Buddythedog

Buddythedog

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:15 PM

I too have a 93 Loyale, and I offroad it in New Mexico and Colorado, up to 12,000 feet, so I'm working with A LOT less horsepower than you are, and I'm fine. My power ain't great, maybe I could outrun a bear, maybe not, depends on how mad I've made him. I plan to put in a hotter ignition, not sure on the airbox though. If you plan to offroad, buy good tires, check your driveline often, and have fun. I've NEVER had problems with mine, and I've owned Jeeps before so I know how to off-road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users