Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sultan Basin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SOOBOUTLAW

SOOBOUTLAW

Junkyard Junkie

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • EVERETT

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Anybody ever wheel around here? Not too gnarly, but there is mass snow in the winter. I just found another nice wheeling spot right outside of town. Shooting is legal too!!!! It is NOT legal to shoot further up toward Spada Lake(past Kellogg Lake road). Did a little wheeling in this new area, fun for a Subaru. Need to explore a bit more.

#2 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

sounds like fun, not too far out from me.

if you can lock down some trails and such let me know i can make it out there for a sunday run anytime.

#3 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ron lives up in Index, he's the one we just put that lift on, he might be someone who would enjoy a little wheeling action.

Jeff

#4 SOOBOUTLAW

SOOBOUTLAW

Junkyard Junkie

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • EVERETT

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

The new spot is in North Sultan, go up the Sultan Basin road, turn left on 116th, go past the gate, and there it is. I saw a bunch of trails going around in the woods. It's PUD property, but they allow public access. A friend who lives up top of Sultan Basin road told me they don't close the gate anymore. Probably locked too many peeps in.

#5 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

the wheeling off of sultan basin has been shut down for several years. anything other than being a logging road should be considered illegal unless you personally contact the land owner.

#6 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

thanks for the tip on that, would HATE to get busted and charged with trespassing.

#7 SOOBOUTLAW

SOOBOUTLAW

Junkyard Junkie

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • EVERETT

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

the wheeling off of sultan basin has been shut down for several years. anything other than being a logging road should be considered illegal unless you personally contact the land owner.

Is this at 116th? AFAIK it is open to public access. Pretty damn sure, you gotta register your vehicle just like up at Olney Pass and Lake Chaplain.

Edited by SOOBOUTLAW, 21 February 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#8 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,135 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm pretty sure the gravel roads he's talking about are not the same ones we used to be able to wheel Jared. There were some pretty gnarly trails, but it did all get closed down. What he's driving on could hardly be called "wheeling" I think. ;)

#9 SOOBOUTLAW

SOOBOUTLAW

Junkyard Junkie

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • EVERETT

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, not really much wheeling except at the shooting pit just inside the gate. It's probably crowded there now with the locals blastin heat. My friend who lives there told me it is legal to shoot in that pit area only.

#10 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

as long as it's on the gravel roads up there it's fine. generally referring to wheeling in the Sultan Basin envisions actual trails, all the actual 4x4 trails are shut down in the Sultan Basin area.

Edited by Rooinater, 23 February 2009 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users