Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rim and tire size

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rob98obsport

Rob98obsport

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flat lands of Fremont

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:52 PM

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what a good size wheel would be for my obs, i'm having trouble finding a good offset to keep a 16" or 17" rim on the car without modifying the fender wells, and is the lug pattern 5/4.5......I have owned a euro car for so long, and those bolt patterns are all messed up I just wanted to be sure subarus were not the same

Thanx
Rob

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,781 posts
  • Texas

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:29 PM

Others here will have good info for you but I just happened to have read some about this. The best thing to look for is an offset above about 45-48 and 'Subaru hubcentric'. Some wheels will have a hub opening too big and an adapter ring may be available to make the wheel fit tightly.

Rota makes some wheels which are popular for Subarus, high end is SSR and Volk I guess. 5/100mm is the pattern. You might check www.subydude.com and www.tirerack.com

Sometimes, when other soob drivers upgrade their wheels you can find 'takeoffs' pretty cheap - try our own Marketplace forum here.

good luck

#3 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 17 January 2004 - 03:37 AM

The right offset will depend on the rim width, and the tyre outer diameter. Subes have a vey high offset, 55-50mm on standard rims.

Many aftermarket rims will therefore reach too far out and foul the fender. "Team Dynamics" make a fairly wide range of rims with Sube friendly offsets.

#4 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,781 posts
  • Texas

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:37 AM

Found another link that may help;

http://wac.addr.com/...obs/wheels.html

Hey - um, let usknow what you get OK? I'd like to see what you choose.

#5 Rob98obsport

Rob98obsport

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flat lands of Fremont

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:36 PM

So far I have found a few things used at the local rim shop, There was a set of Gold BBS 16"ers that looked real good, i'm going back this week with the size chart size offset info I needed to see if they fit. I also found a black set at tire rack that look real nice....:).......pretty chaep also $680 for tire and wheels

#6 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,781 posts
  • Texas

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:36 AM

I hope they gurantee those used ones to run true.
Thanx for posting back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users