Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom Paintjob.

Ive been toying around with some paint schemes and was wondering if we could start a custom paintjob thread. Just so i can see what some people have done.

Hi guys. Not sure if this qualifies.... but.

As a way of putting off the fairly urgent resto of my MV 1800 (UK Brat) I started by doodling some paintjobs

subiepaint.gif

Will also be liveried when I've finished...

Its blue at the moment but I'm leaning towards the green with Y Ddraig Goch (The red dragon of Wales) on the flanks.

Still dreaming.

• 2 weeks later...

there's the outback look, still pissed that i sold this car....

PICT1775.jpg

and some photoshops of my loyale:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73140

my favorites:

awesome.jpg

sexxyinblack.jpg

forestgreen.jpg

currently leaning most towards the green!

FYI, those photoshops were made long before I actually owned a complete 5-lug setup, body kit, or Rota Torque wheels.....

How can we forget my obnoxious paint job [/img]

That's the type of paint job I want on my 86 XT, either 2 tone, or a stripe that's straight then angles up towards the trunklid, in obnoxious colors.

Right now it's plain blue(not oe color) with no clear coat. Since I have the setup and materials for painting and the time this summer, I want to do some paint work, either keep it blue and add a clear coat, or 2 tone with a clear coat. It has the "blue subaru, gold wheels" look now.

I like the angry hornet 2 tone side stripes, I think I want to paint mine like that, but in obnoxious orange or green :eek:

Currently: (I'm going to remove that SUBARU banner, it came with the car and I don't like it :-\)

S7002829.jpg

I Like your Subie`s Blue Colour... Maybe adding Light Fine Metallic Grey in the Side`s Lower Part + Matching Bumpers will Give it a More Nice & Modern Look... With the Clear Coat over all.

...I'm going to remove that SUBARU banner, it came with the car and I don't like it :-\ ...

Could I Ask you Why? ... it seems to be a Hard to Find Banner with So 80`s Look.

I Like your Subie`s Blue Colour... Maybe adding Light Fine Metallic Grey in the Side`s Lower Part + Matching Bumpers will Give it a More Nice & Modern Look... With the Clear Coat over all.

Could I Ask you Why? ... it seems to be a Hard to Find Banner with So 80`s Look.

An obnoxious color would probably wreck the car's resale value...

I think a metallic gray would look good sprayed on the lower 1/3d of the sides. Do you mean paint just the lower part of the bumpers, or the entire bumpers?

I don't know where the P.O got the banner or the I emblem in the front. If I thought the banner was "80s" I would keep it, I think it's a little ricey. But I probably won't peel it off due to laziness.