Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Battle

Good luck!!! Are there any actual holes?

once ground down, every brown cancer spot has a hole. anybody who has done body work on a midwest car knows the look of surface rust vs those with holes. This my friends, has holes, and they will open up nice once sanded on.

sure, some places its not all the way thru, but the larger the circle of rustness, the bigger the hole is. I don't like big holes.

Ben, I would suggest to find a amateur sandblaster, take it to him, mask off the area to be sanblasted, and let him blast away to the shiny metal. Then, take self etching rust neutralizer spray, and spray over, which will effectively eat any rust that remains and convert it to good stuff. Then prime it until you can finish it off, ASAP to a coat of paint whether it be just to seal it, or a profssional painter topcoat

good news is white is the easiest color to match colors with. Bad news white is the one shows rust the most. give take.

Edited by bheinen74

Oh I know all about rust!! Unfortunately! Just try to get as much rust off before laying any filler down. It will just keep eating away under the filler:-\ But good luck with it, I have done lots of these jobs and really hate it! If possible, any real holes, definitely weld patches in, they will last much longer!!

I still have the yakama you gave me but i think im going to keep the roofline clean. Thanks though.

And brent yea its going to be a tough one. I wish i new someone with a soda blaster or something to clean up the quarters. Ironically the hatch and that drivers side are the worst spots. I know people with tank blasters but nothing portable. Honestly though im doing this as cheep as possible. Honestly i just want it one solid color, im tired of this rust crap. If i half to keep fixing it until it surcomes to its wonds then so be it.

by that 1 pic on this side, and hatch 20 holes at least. some size of bb, some like a silver dollar and more largest will eat a dollar bill.,

You are right about the holes on the side, but none bigger then a bb, at least what i can see how. When i really start hitting it then well see. Didnt you say you had a bit of por-15. Wouldnt that atleast slow it down more. I will clean up the metal as much as possible and then some but i dont have access to a sodablaster.

There are some "AntiRust" Special Paints in the Market, some are Designed for Heavy Rust Control, such as Maritime applications (Keels, Hulls, Vessel`s Bodies... ) Those can be Sandpaper & Painted after Treatment and Trend to be at Around the Average Price of Similar Products, Maritime ones are Better, but their Finnish is Harder to Work...

bb-bondo.jpg

That`s in Spanish Below the English! ... is Not Usual to Read Spanish Here! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There are some "AntiRust" Special Paints in the Market, some are Designed for Heavy Rust Control, such as Maritime applications (Keels, Hulls, Vessel`s Bodies... ) Those can be Sandpaper & Painted after Treatment and Trend to be at Around the Average Price of Similar Products, Maritime ones are Better, but their Finnish is Harder to Work...

That`s in Spanish Below the English! ... is Not Usual to Read Spanish Here! :)

Buy the way thats how it is here now. We have english and spanish on all products and product explination

• 1 month later...